carb synchronizer?

exSRAaron

Shit, I use four paperclips. Seriously.

wait how the hell do u do that?! the DIY (for a 600RR) i saw, hooked four vacuum lines up to the synchronizer and then readjusted them based on a reference cylinder..its all kinda new to me tho..

I take four paperclips, fold them so they're attached to the bottom of each carb opening (intake side), opening the butterflies so the paperclips are under them, then adjust all four so that they all touch the paperclips at the same time, works great, but only on inline 4 cylinders. it isn't exact, but definitely works.

I take four paperclips, fold them so they're attached to the bottom of each carb opening (intake side), opening the butterflies so the paperclips are under them, then adjust all four so that they all touch the paperclips at the same time, works great, but only on inline 4 cylinders. it isn't exact, but definitely works.

cool, i may have to give this a try :D thanks Satan!

cool, i may have to give this a try :D thanks Satan!

If I had a nickel for every time I used that line.......:p

I have used a feeler gauge as well. Then I said the hell with it and bought a FI bike.

I had to rebuild the carbs on my first two bikes all the time. Found out the gas station down the street I always filled up at was accused of watering down there gas. Go figure, I always had calcium deposits in my float bowls and jets.

is method is for carbs not TB's right? I didnt make that very clear, I need to re-synch my throttle bodies..

is method is for carbs not TB's right? I didnt make that very clear, I need to re-synch my throttle bodies..

Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh........................ the thread title is "carb synchronizer"................

I don't know if this would work with throttle bodies or not. Never tried it.

Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh........................ the thread title is "carb synchronizer"................

I don't know if this would work with throttle bodies or not. Never tried it.

Lol sorry about that, the DIY thread i read used a tool called a "carb synchronizer" with basically different ports to read vacuum pressures so you can compare the results of each TB.