Porting

Kevin R.

As a 94 GT owner, these cars aren't exactly quick. If you want to go fast, go big or go home.....a piddly ported stock intake isn't going to do jack. That, and the number of aftermarket 5.0 intakes makes me wonder why you'd want to port the stocker, other than to save $$, but if the gains are minimal, what's the point?

I have a set of e7's and a stock upper and lower from a 94 you can have for free if you want them...

Try and do it yourself, its the best way to learn.

You wont pick up any power, FWIW.

What are e7's?

And do you mean to port it out myself? Only thing I have is a Dremel, would that work?

I was just on another forum (stangnet) where a few who were basically stock (cai, tb) had their stock lower ported and felt some gains, minimal, but gains, and said that you could really feel a difference above 5,000rpm where we lose a lot of power.

I'm not saying I will be out racing Vettes or anything, but you guys have to understand I'm not in the same field of horsepower as most of you. Little gains are good enough for me. I know it's a mustang but I'm not looking to have a 400hp street monster.

Shit, I have to drive back and forth to college for the next 4 years.

i port 4.6L plenums, if you want, get the lower from RL, I'll port it for you and you can pay me for what you think it's worth after you see it.

this way you will have NO downtime on your car either