• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunlop Viper Nationals

August 6, 2005

National Trail Raceway, Hebron (Columbus), Ohio

Drag Race, Car Show, Autocross & Manufacturers Midway

Year Established: 2003

Attendance: 2135 spectators. 307 participants.

Directions: Take I-70 to exit #126. Take Rt. 37 north 1 mile. Take Rt. 40 west 1/2 mile.

Headquarters Hotel: Red Roof Inn, I-70 & Rt. 37, Hebron, OH (740)467-ROOF.

Featured Marque: All Sports Compacts

Show Classes:

Awards will be presented to the overall Top 25 vehicles. Vehicles will be chosen from the following classes: Acura; BMW; Dodge Shelby; Ford Focus; GM FWD; Honda Accord; Honda Civic 95-prior; Honda Civic 96-up; Honda Civic Hatchback 91-prior; Honda Civic Hatchback 92-up; Honda CRX/Del Sol; Hyundai; Kia; Lexus; Mazda; Mercedes; Mitsubishi; Mopar/DSM 93-up; Neon; Nissan; Prowler; PT Cruiser; Saturn; Scion; Subaru; Toyota; Viper; VW Air-cooled; VW Water-cooled; Compact Import Truck; Compact Domestic Truck; Full-size Truck; Compact 4x4 Truck, Full-size 4x4 Truck; SUV Domestic; SUV Import; Unclassified Domestic; Unclassified European.

Drag Race Classes:

Bracket 1 0-14.99, Bracket 2 15.00-up, Fast 4 Import, Fast 4 Domestic, Viper Street 12.00, Viper Modified 11.00, Viper Pro Street 10.50, Viper All Motor 10.00, Viper Super Pro Street 9.75, Viper Unlimited 9.50.

Show Hours: Noon-Midnight.

Vendor Setup: Saturday: 10:00am-2:00pm.

Spectator & Participant Admission: All inclusive: $25.00 per person.

Kids under 12 free. Free parking. Free pit pass.

Manufacturers Midway: $100.00/per vendor. Outdoor on asphalt.

Includes 2 admission passes.

Schedule:

12:00pm Technical Inspection opens.

12:30pm Time trials begin for all classes.

1:00pm Autocross competition begins.

2:00pm Qualifier #1 for Fast 4.

3:00pm Car show judging begins.

3:30pm Qualifier #2 for Fast 4.

4:00pm Drifting competition begins.

5:30pm Qualifier #3 for Fast 4.

6:00pm Car show judging closes.

6:30pm Staging lanes closed.

Final Autocross runs.

7:00pm Burnout contest.

7:30pm Car show trophy parade.

8:00pm Eliminations begin.

Purse:

Bracket 1 $100 winner; $50 runner-up.

Bracket 2 $100 winner; $50 runner-up.

Fast 4 Import $100 winner; $50 runner-up.

Fast 4 Domestic $100 winner; $50 runner-up.

Viper Awards tba.

Trophies in all competition categories

i hope to be there

Steve, Zavier, Tony, Vila, and myself have talked about attending. Haven't talked with Joe, Carl, Terron, etc.......

So you will be the only one with a sub 13 second pass and be able to drive your car home. Thanks for clearing that up ;)

-Marc

So you will be the only one with a sub 13 second pass and be able to drive your car home. Thanks for clearing that up ;)

-Marc

Breaking in a new motor, can't race.

For those haters who are immediately gonna hop on this, I HAD to rebuild my motor due to a parts recall. The springs I had installed where incorrect and I needed to change them before any more damage occured. I still have yet to blow a motor. Differential, Strut, Mounts, YES! Motor NO!

Breaking in a new motor, can't race.

For those haters who are immediately gonna hop on this, I HAD to rebuild my motor due to a parts recall. The springs I had installed where incorrect and I needed to change them before any more damage occured. I still have yet to blow a motor. Differential, Strut, Mounts, YES! Motor NO!

That sucks man. I was really hoping to see what you can run now. :(

Steve, didnt know your car was still alive. Should be interesting.

Carl, your OK ;)

-Marc

That sucks man. I was really hoping to see what you can run now. :(

Steve, didnt know your car was still alive. Should be interesting.

Carl, your OK ;)

-Marc

You should take bubba drift down there.

And I would go, but my fucking timing chain is not here yet! bullshit!

I may make an appearance. Probably won't run, but will be there in support of IPS.

Thanks man. We'll have a booth set up and be running the EVO and VR4 as well as atleast one customer car and bringing a few more. Hopefully it will cool down a bit and it should be some fun.

Sam -- i hear ya on the clutch thing -- im amazed mine has lasted as long as it has so hopefully she'll hold up for a couple good passes...

So who all made it???

I was there and was SEVERELY dissappointed with my results. 15.7@86... my car just wasnt performing for me... i dont think the track was either.

I did manage to talk to Carl for a better part of the day and I did see Sams Z06 run a couple times but never actully saw Sam :p I spotted the Blue GLi also but had no idea who it was so didnt introduce myself.

Hats off to Sam's Z06 and Sam for displaying some fantastic driving and making some pretty exciting passes. Carl did a great job too. He was having trouble at first bombing around in the 13's then ran a 12.998, and later, while i was napping in my car, he said he did a 12.6 after some suspension adjustments.

I had a pretty good time, just wish i could have meet some more people.