2000+ HP Viper

Guest Ponyfreak

Guest Ponyfreak

Vipers are pulling away in the streetable car HP race... I saw this car and the engine torn apart after 69 dyno runs averaging 1400rwhp here in Chicago. Amazingly the engine looked perfect. They will have it togeather tonight and will be turning up the PSI up some more....

They will run to the track in next weekend, then put the 6 speed back in and get ready to try and break 300 at bonneville...

http://www.svspower.com/images/upload/video_54_0.wmv

Guest Ponyfreak

everything on that engine is stock besides the block. It is a production block but did not come in that car from the factory. The crank is billit and is destroked. There are 3 other vipers that I know of that have stock engine parts making 1600rwhp with production heads and block and intake.

Have you ever seen any other engine besides the supra engine make anywhere near that HP range and make 70 runs with stock heads block?

I dunno about that "Vipers are pulling away in the streetable car HP race" statement. It should put up high hp numbers with 2 turbo's and 10 cylinders, whether certain things are stock or not. Shouldn't any vehicle put up good numbers with those 2 combo's? Think so. Am I cracking on the car? Not at all, that is an amazing car/setup no doubt. But with that 2000hp #, it won't put those numbers to the track w/o top of the line chassis work. Nice car, I just don't agree with your statement.

I'm curious where the 2000HP number really came from (other than what someone graphiced on the video). The dyno maxed out at 1500HP. At a 20% driveline loss, which I doubt was that high since glides are efficient as far as auto's go), that would only be 1800 crank HP. Obviously it is higher than 1500 RWHP....but how much?

What block is that car running?? A C5-R block is a production GM block, as are all Bowtie blocks, but it's not really a block put into a production vehicle stock.

How streetable is "streetable." Remember, we have 7 second street cars running around in COLUMBUS.

Anyone who even tries to say a car at that power level isn't impressive(especially anyone on this board) needs to get their head checked.

I'm curious where the 2000HP number really came from (other than what someone graphiced on the video). The dyno maxed out at 1500HP. At a 20% driveline loss, which I doubt was that high since glides are efficient as far as auto's go), that would only be 1800 crank HP. Obviously it is higher than 1500 RWHP....but how much?

HP is a function of torque. It is a little difficult to do the math since they decided to use mph instead of RPM, but I will walk you through this anyway. Lets take a sample of the HP/TQ numbers at any section of the graph. I pick 108mph. At this point, we have the HP curve reaching 1500whp. The tq reading is 1260. When we do the math, that equates to 6250rpm. Lets move to another point on the graph, say 150mph. At this point we have 1200ft/lb, and I calculate the car to be at 8680rpm. That would equal 1983whp. Yes, *W*hp, not CRANK hp. Let me know if this math stuff is over your head.

BTW, thats the ugliest fucking car I've ever seen.

To quote Forrest Gump...

"That boy has to be the stupidest son of a bitch alive..."

"Yea.... but he sure is fast! *big grin*"

I think that car is like the R32 that made crazzy ass power. Its all surge and would be next to impossible to control coming out of a corner. If they are going to put the 6 spd back in and go for top end, then that IMO would be a good choice. But to try to turn quick laps with it anywhere other than like Hockenheim or a hug focken oval just wouldnt be doing the engine or the car a justice.

HP is a function of torque. It is a little difficult to do the math since they decided to use mph instead of RPM, but I will walk you through this anyway. Lets take a sample of the HP/TQ numbers at any section of the graph. I pick 108mph. At this point, we have the HP curve reaching 1500whp. The tq reading is 1260. When we do the math, that equates to 6250rpm. Lets move to another point on the graph, say 150mph. At this point we have 1200ft/lb, and I calculate the car to be at 8680rpm. That would equal 1983whp. Yes, *W*hp, not CRANK hp. Let me know if this math stuff is over your head.

without knowing what gears are in the car it's hard to tell exactly. :( I too was dissapointed they used MPH instead of RPM.