(85-93) Turbo Dodge

j_claytor

I used to have a turbo Sundance as my first car. I learned a lot from it, it's pretty much why I don't drive like an idiot anymore. I blew the turbo seals and it sat around for about 3 months and then one day I went to school and my dad sent it to the junkyard, I was pissed.

I had been wanting one of these for a little while great little sleepers. Get the 97 thru 89 CSX-VNT's they are great

csx-VNT were out in 89 only.....87-89 came with the csx-t. the difference is one was specifically delt with by shelby (vnt) and the rest were just 2.2T2 cars. I owned a 89 vnt, 88 Daytona, 85&86 GLHT and a 87 GLHS. have fun they are great cars and if you need anything for them hit up Andre' at Lonewolfperformance.com.

+1 for turbododge.

they helped us out on our crazy conversion

i forgot to mention, our car is an 89 daytona shelby, originially with a Turbo II (2.2L) and now is a (becoming less and less actual Daytona motor) 2.5L swap.

The ES edition in later 80's came with the 2.5t1 only. unless you rear drive it, it is a direct swap. sounds cool though

The ES edition in later 80's came with the 2.5t1 only. unless you rear drive it, it is a direct swap. sounds cool though

i have no idea what you just said, because i'm not doing *all* the work on the car

the amazing guys at slomo are helping out a lot, this was billed as a school project to graduate high school

Turbo III title refers to the DOHC 16-valve intercooled engine. It was based on the 1990 Turbo IV(vnt csx) but featured a new head, intake and exhaust manifolds, and pistons--all designed by Lotus. , the twin camshafts lie alongside the valves and actuate them via roller rocker arms. The combustion chambers had a pent-roof design with 8.5:1 compression ratio. Like in the other Chrysler turbo motors, this one featured pistons that have valve reliefs to prevent valve damage if the timing belt fails. A Garrett TB03 turbo is installed and set for 11 psi of boost. Balance shafts carry over from the factory Turbo IV, as did the intercooler. Redline was set at 6500. Power figures were healthy: 224 HP at 6000 rpm and 217 ft-lb at 2800 rpm.

Guest TrboVan
Iam not that big of a fan of the vans. But it is grate when your van can take probley more then half the people on this site in it. What all do you have done to the Shadow. That is quick.

Not a big fan of the van?

Hmmm, maybe this will change your mind.

The Video!

The Shadow has a few modifications! :)

Shooting for 10's this year.

-Bryan