my turn for a health question

supldys

Lately I've been eating better to shed some weight, portioning and stopped eating junk basically, cut out pop too which I think helped a lot.

I've gotten to my target weight, problem is my body fat percentage. basically I cant shed the gut. So what I pretty much want to do is swap in muscle for the fat.

I run 3 times a week, and lift 3 times a week, I throw in push-ups and sit-ups really often too. I alternate my rest day, but even that I usually end up doing yard work or something to keep busy.

Heres my dilemma, it seems like lately its becoming harder to build more muscle so I think I need to add more calories to my day, and most likely more protein. Sounds easy enough, but I don't want to add any weight and lose what I've already done. With my job, other than the occasional engine block move or tire lift, I pretty much sit at a computer or move oil filters for 8-10 hours out of my day. Plus I have school two days a week + whatever time I need to study and such at home. So what I don't want is to load up for the day, and have it store most of it, and just gain back the fat I've already lost.

Pretty much open to suggestions haha, because I feel like I'm stuck where I'm at.

If you have been doing the same work out for a while that could be the problem. Every 4-6 weeks or so you're body adjusts to the workout you are doing and performs the same task using less energy. Basically, varying your workout may be all you need to do.

How long are you running for when you run?

P.S. This is Eica.

I'll switch between a faster paced 5k, and then a slower paced distance run, which is usually 7-8 miles, but lately i've been going 10+.

I try to add weight every week when I lift, and try to do more pushups and situps, but lately the amount I can add has been minute.

When you are doing your runs you need to keep your heartrate in the fat burning range for your age which is probably around 155 or so (I'm not real sure so I'm jusr guessing). That might help somewhat but I've never met you so I don't know what you look like or anything so it is hard to say exactly what you need to do. I definitely stand by eating smaller portions more often especially if you are living a pretty sedentary lifestyle most of the day.

Keep out ALL the sugar processed white flour starchy shit from your diet.But you know that.

( hard because sugar,s in everything.)

With the running your doing just add 2/3 runs/bike in the morning BEFORE breakfast it burns off the food you ate late.

Cant do that? run at night,it will supress your appetite and speed up your metabolism and you will wake up hungry so you eat all your calories earlier and more often.

I,m guessing your food intake is where your missing it a bit? or possibly sleep?which equates to 50% of what your trying to acheive.

For progress weigh yourself in the morning this will spur you on and keep you focused and if your really hardcore run with a bag wrapped around your torso or a rain or waterproof jacket,good luck!

I cant shed my gut no matter how hgard I work out....and I dont care. I'm physicaly able to do everything I want to do, and that some very physical shit. Most ladies dont care, Mine gives....well, gave them something to hold onto. ;)

When the apocalypse comes, we'll survive more easily, love your gut, and it will love you.

No.

Because you are not a lifting noob you have reached the reality of the double edged sword. This being that you physically cannot "swap" muscle for fat. You must choose to increase muscle mass (bulk) or lose fat (cut). At this point, unless your calorie intake is such that it is still in surplus despite the amount of cardio youre doing, you will not see muscle gain. Likewise, unless your caloric intake is such that you are at a 10% or greater deficit, you will not notice significant fat loss.

In other words, your doing the doggie paddle of the fitness world that 98% of frequent fitness participants dont realize they are doing.

Make the choice. If you want to gain more mass before cutting the fat, then increase your calorie intake and increase your lifting intensity. If you are satisfied with the mass you have, decrease your calorie intake (while maintaining a healthy protein intake) and keep the cardio and lifting where it's at. Though increasing lifiting intensity can never hurt.

That is the real deal.

-edit: I just re-read it. You do very little lifting. Everything I said still applies, but you need to lift heavy stuff. Add a basic lifting routine to your schedule, adjust your diet according to your goal, and you will realize your new goals.