WTT for a CRX HF or Metro LSi Convertible

Kuruma

The gas price situation is finally so out of hand, I can't deal with it and need to downgrade.

1: Toyota Corolla SR5,1986, RWD. "AE86". Got it to run, but carb needs rebuilt/replaced. Have extra carb, but car won't start with it for some reason.

2: 1988 Mazda RX-7 'vert. good for track or parts car *ONLY* due to no title.

3: 1991 Ford Probe GL, same one that was on here before, bought it from my friend when he decided to get a Town Car.

Mainly interested in trading for a CRX HF, in good shape, some rust OK, but nothing that is gonna compromise the car's structure or isn't easily fixable with some bondo. Would be willing to consider a Geo Metro LSi convertible as well. Looks like my racing days are over for a while. Prefer a 5-speed, but would be willing to take an automatic.

The AE86 gets good gas mileage, but I can't drive it because the carb is royally screwed up.

As for the Probe, it gets fairly good mileage too (not as good as the AE86 used to, but it's a much heavier car with a good bit more balls), but a CRX *HF* has been known to get closer to 50MPG, which is why I'd like to get one. Not really looking at the better models, like the DX or Si. They're nicer, and faster, but the HF is lighter, and tuned for extremely good fuel economy.

A metro would be pretty damn embarassing to me, but when it comes down to it, nothing is affordable to drive except shit like that unless you can afford to buy a new hybrid.

Edit: a DX wouldn't be half bad actually, even 40+mpg is good.

Expanding interest to any EF Civic hatchbacks as well. Or willing to trade the 'vert as a track/parts car in exchange for fixing the Corolla so it's driveable (at least so the engine runs right again, I'll deal with the rest on my own)

If you know them and have some time to take a look at the original, and the spare to see if something usable can be cobbled together out of the two carbs to make the car run right again, I'd be glad to bring the carbs on over. :)

Forgot that my reply earlier about the Probe didnt post:

Alpine didn't get much of a chance to fix the problems, leaving that to myself. Planning to to the valve cover gasket ASAP (as I have the gasket ready to install, just need the right sized bit to pop off the valve cover).

I've never had the vibration, but the clicking is because the front right axle is gonna need replaced. Cheap from u-wrench-it, and I was told it's pretty much a 2 hour job for a shop like Napa.

The exhaust is loud because theres a hole where the pipe meets the resonator, probably best to just hack it off and put a straight section of pipe there.

It's still running fine and pulls hard in the higher RPMs though, but given the current situation, I'm trying to shift below 3K (trying to keep it to 2,500 maximum unless I'm in a really bad situation) whenever possible, and using the cruise control to lock the speed at 65mph on the freeway, not only to avoid getting a ticket, but also to save gasoline.

Found a CRX Si for under $600 in cinci, anyone want to buy either the AE86 and fix it up a bit, or the 'vert as a track/parts car? I really want this thing for some odd reason.

Can't outright sell the Probe tho (can trade it however), having a running car is my source of income right now.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll take an offer on the AE86, and if I like it, then I'll accept it, if not, then no dice. Open to trades if they're reasonable, cars low end bikes, and scooters all considered, or at *least* 600.

Pics:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Kuruma_Kitsune/PICT0032.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Kuruma_Kitsune/PICT0030.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Kuruma_Kitsune/PICT0019.jpg