Outerbelt Hijinx

Dr. Pomade

It was my first time out to a meet in a while, so I figured it warranted a little memoralization.

My first runs were against a red FD that has a big single turbo. Word is that he was running 20lbs of boost last night. First pull was from a 40-roll. I jumped out a car, maybe two from the go. At around 100mph, his turbo started to really spool, and he made up the ground between us very quickly. Impressive, actually. Then I sprayed and pulled back out another car or so before we shut down around 130mph. Second run with him was also from a 40 roll. I sprayed from the go, got a little squirrelly initially, but jumped out pretty good and held it. Third pull went from a 60 roll. Again, I sprayed from the go, jumped out pretty good, and held it.

Second run was against a supercharged, later model (98?) Cobra and Sam (i.e., a sprayed, cammed Z06). I don't know about the other mods on the Cobra - the guy is from Cleveland, and that was the first time I met him. Anyway, that run started from a 40 roll. Sam was in the fast lane, the Cobra was beside him in the middle, and I was on the outside. I sprayed at the hit and jumped out about a car. I held that lead until we shut down. Not sure about the Cobra, but it looked like Sam had some traction problems - that'll happen when your running on stock F1's (as opposed to Nitto drag radials).

After that, I got in several runs with Keith, a 93(?) Cobra - the one with the Windsor motor and spray - and Sam. Those pulls started around 40mph. On the first one we got in, it looked like Keith had some traction problems. I pulled on him a little bit (maybe half a car?), and Sam pulled on me a little bit (about half a car). I had to shut down for traffic - Keith and Sam were able to keep going, and they looked to stay about the same. On the second run, Keith's car jumped out on me from the go - he put a car on me almost immediately. He would say later that, on that pull, he was able to hook up - hence the difference in that pull as opposed to the first. Sam and I remained about even. I had to shut down for traffic again, but, even if I hadn't, I don't think I would have run down Keith. That's a pretty fast car. Sam's car is fast too, but we all knew that - sprayed, cammed Z06s are the fastest things in the universe, next to Mustangs, of course.

My last runs of the night were with an 03 Cobra that has a pulley, chip, ported Apten blower, and spray. When I sprayed him, I walked him. When I didn't, but he did spray, then he would come around me up top. When we both went N/A, I put a car or two on him and would hold that.

A lot of runs were put together last night. I heard that an all-motor FD (that I hadn't seen until last night) outran the aforementioned 03 Cobra (although I don't think that Cobra sprayed him on their pull). I also heard that the aforementioned supercharged, late model Cobra outran a certain, infamous pewter Camaro. (Note, though, the Camaro was having alternator problems, I think.)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was glad to see eveyone out last night, Keith and I were afraid everything had died out before the season was over.

Thanks again to Shawn in the blue Cobra and the driver of the 20b fd, those were some fun runs.

Still waitng for some Z06s to snack on :)

I was glad to see eveyone out last night, Keith and I were afraid everything had died out before the season was over.

Thanks again to Shawn in the blue Cobra and the driver of the 20b fd, those were some fun runs.

Still waitng for some Z06s to snack on :)

How'd those runs with you, the Cobra, and the 20b FD turn out?

Hey, quit running off and you can have all the Z06 you can chew. :)

Looks like you got in some good runs John. I haven't heard of any Cobra's outrunning the pewter Camaro, besides UUD LOSE. Hopefully soon I will have a new toy that can hang with the Z06. ----------Matt

There was a certain black 03 Cobra that used to own Linn day in and day out before you happened along with a faster black 03. :)

Also, I heard that something new might be in the works for you. Any hints?

There was a certain black 03 Cobra that used to own Linn day in and day out before you happened along with a faster black 03. :)

Also, I heard that something new might be in the works for you. Any hints?

The Cobra is back to stock for now. Night and day difference. I am looking at a couple different cars, I probably won't have anything worth mentioning until next spring though.

How'd those runs with you, the Cobra, and the 20b FD turn out?

Hey, quit running off and you can have all the Z06 you can chew. :)

Run off!? I figured those fast as lighting Z06s would be on my bumper in a hurry ;)

Ran the Cobra twice once from about 60 or so and once from ~40, he put a car or two on me right away in both runs. On the ~60 run I didn't come around him untill the middle of third gear probably around 130 or so. On the ~40 run I spun for the first 100' or so and i think he was having some traction issues too. But once planted I pulled around by the time we hit triple didgits. I wish I had been in the pack on the way back so I could run him on the bottle.

The 20b was a little worse, similar races, came around him sooner. I'd like to run him again after he opens up the peripheral ports. Should make it interesting in the triple didget zone.

Just as an FYI, I've seen a lot of dig races spontaneously pop off on late night 270 cruises. Sheer stupidity, for sure, but fun.

Gotta love the random pissed off trucker, too.

Had great fun last night, it was the Cougars first legal apperance, and its first cruise since it fried 4th gear. 4th was still fried, but I had 3:27s so I didn't lag behind too much. I must say though, these fast car cruise are tought to follow, my eye's didnt care much for rich catless cars. Some time I'll get around to the 5spd, and I'll be able to keep up past 90-100 :p

Guest crazylady
Sorry Gearhead, but we were roll racing. You know, that thing your incapable of doing?

Just as an FYI, I've seen a lot of dig races spontaneously pop off on late night 270 cruises. Sheer stupidity, for sure, but fun.

Well

must say though, these fast car cruise are tought to follow, my eye's didnt care much for rich catless cars.

LOL - that all-motor FD was shooting out crazy fireballs. I was behind him for a second, then I thought all the cinders flying over my hood would be bad for the paintjob and decided to move on.

Guest Removed
Sorry Gearhead, but we were roll racing. You know, that thing your incapable of doing?

Remember ,You and me are going to roll if you ever show up!

Just bring it! I got 4 on the hit.just remember You still got to give me my DIG race.

Guest 1QWKEVO
Twas a good night indeed, except on the way home I lost the pack following Sam. Then I drove home by myself. I finally raced Billy (elcipse gsx with bigger turbo and fmic) and put quite a few cars on him.

Good Run Jimmy, Id say it was about 2-3 cars on me, rolls arent the greatest for me....then you never went back to Krogers so we could go dig race....We should be side by side from a Dig.....but better hurry before I get my car finished and tuned for 25 psi instead of 15!

Guest Removed
Gearhead, let me know if you are goin to be out next friday night. I got the new clutch in the car and am ready to dig race. I would rather not go to central point to meet if that is ok with you. I got 100$ cash in my pocket I need to double up on..

When you start selling me spray for what you told me you would then i'll be your huckellberry all night. Why wait till Friday.But like i've said I don't race for money but a few off my freinds my bet with you on it...We don't even go to the point no more. That new clutch may help you , but learning how to shift when your on spray may help more!!!(I seen the video from MCIR and I seen your run's at Neofest. Your shiftlight stay's on way to long bro)