Argh.

Nate1647545505

Well,

Motor is in, Tranny is in. It starts but cranks and cranks and cranks. It occasionaly will go over, but then dies.

No DTCs, have FP and Spark.

One strange thing, the intake manifold gets really hot. The exhaust manifolds are luke warm, if that.

I'll recheck everything but If anyone has any ideas or thoughts, please share them.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

are ya sure that the crank and cam are properly timed?? I know that the car has all the sensors and shit, but they are not desgined to compensate nor tell if the engine was not mechanically timed properly.

Three essentials of combustion in an engine are air, fuel, and spark. if you've got fuel, and spark, (air is pretty much a no brainer...) I'd recomend rechecking the timing and the firing order, if it's 180 out, which is what it sounds like, the symptoms you have noted will occur.

Nate, call me if ya want....

are ya sure that the crank and cam are properly timed?? I know that the car has all the sensors and shit, but they are not desgined to compensate nor tell if the engine was not mechanically timed properly.

Three essentials of combustion in an engine are air, fuel, and spark. if you've got fuel, and spark, (air is pretty much a no brainer...) I'd recomend rechecking the timing and the firing order, if it's 180 out, which is what it sounds like, the symptoms you have noted will occur.

Nate, call me if ya want....

Rick. thanks for the help man. It came down to what else could it be? So, the cover came off. Yes, the rollmaster dual chain setup was off. The crank sproket wasn't keyed to woodruf on the crank correctly, and the dots..well...they were about 3 or 4 teeth off.

Thanks for all the help, hopefully she'll fire tomorrow after work.

Hah. I'm going to start a betting pool on how quickly it takes you to blow up a "built" motor (which, BTW, is a gigantic waste of $).

Edit: GOD DAMNIT, this is Chris. Anthony is gay.

Eh, waste or no waste its only extra insurance. As far as the bets, well...probably not long.....I give myself a month before something goes south. Just hoping the magic that's in Yate's tranny, Eric put in mine.

Question is, will a 5/16s line give me my jumbo. We shall see....