How to lower interest on a f'n credit card.

Buck531

Guest Scooter
Maybe it's just me, but filing for bankruptcy is like... Admiting defeat, or failure. As long as ends can be met, no matter how hard, I will strive to do so. I applaud his resolve and dedication for not "taking the easy way out", so to speak.

He never said he was even considering filing Bankruptcy. Nor did he say his situation was anywhere near that.

This is what I was talking about someone said file bankruptcy and now people will think that he was going to. Never did he even metion it as an option. Nor do I feel his situation is anywhere near the level people are at when they do file.

To answer the original question, if you want to lower the interest rate you can tell them you have a better deal but would rather stick with them and what do they want to do to keep a good customer. Or get a debt consolidation loan ( this is called going into debt to get out of debt) at a lower rate than your card.

To answer the original question, if you want to lower the interest rate you can tell them you have a better deal but would rather stick with them and what do they want to do to keep a good customer. Or get a debt consolidation loan ( this is called going into debt to get out of debt) at a lower rate than your card.

I tried the first with Capital One some years back, and they would only go down like 1.5%. So, I haven't used the thing in years. I don't know what your (original poster's) credit is like, but I get 0% 12mo, 7.99% thereafter offers all the time, and about a year ago, I took advantage of one of these that also had no transfer fee. So, I avoided the usual 3% transfer fee (which is nasty on a multi-thousand dollar balance), and got no interest for a year. When I come out of that period, I am still only looking at 8%, so I'm pretty happy with the result.

What people don't understand is that unless you are a priority card member (meaning you have over [generaly] $1 million) you are not a valued member. It doesn't matter if you've never had a late payment in 15 years or have never gone over your limit... if you have been repriced, then that is the final decision. A CC company will not negotiat a rate when you say "i want to close my account".... if the sys says that there is not a better offer, then there is no one that will over ride that (unless you're a valued member).

btw, Buck, what kind of work is your wife looking for? what kind of hours???

~Jennifer