Crap Crap Crap

Buckeye1647545503

what i am mad about is why in the hell would you put Zwick into the game with 2 mins left when you clearly saw Texas was having a tougher time with the extra deminsion that Smith brings!!!! BONEHEAD CALL TRESSEL!!!!!

+1

Not really, a pocket passer has a better chance against Texas. Henne had a hell of a game against them last year. They practice against Vince Young, I don't think a guy who just tucks the ball and runs is going to do better

vince young is a man.

chased around all night long, hit at least a dozen times, picked off twice, he still came through for texas. props.

bobby carpenter. talked shit before the game, talked shit during the game. blew vince up about 4 times. there isnt a single bad thing you can say about a kid who is confident enough to let someone know that hes about to bring it, and then brings it.

you ABSOLUTELY MUST take advantage of any mistake made by a team as good as texas. we did not. our defense and special teams played an excellent game, and to be honest, antonio pittman showed me that hes ready as well, but we have got to figure this qb thing out, right now.

hats off to Young. I like his style.

smith and young have the same style, same number, and went to the same quarter back school haha. Tressel is obsessed with his youngstown boy, and tries to rely on the kicker. We're lucky we still do have a good kicker who almost broke a nugent record by a foot or two, but still tied at 5 field goals in one game.

F it all, put in beckman

And I'm still saying this is notre dame's year, I've been saying it since last season. I may be wrong, but I'd put money on it :D

who's the offensive coordinator? is it tressel? every quarterback draw we ran was to the right side, every single time. sometimes even twice in a row. and the high flying tricky offense from the michigan game wasnt there. offensive coordinator needs to change it up.

smith and young have the same style, same number, and went to the same quarter back school haha. Tressel is obsessed with his youngstown boy, and tries to rely on the kicker. We're lucky we still do have a good kicker who almost broke a nugent record by a foot or two, but still tied at 5 field goals in one game.

F it all, put in beckman

And I'm still saying this is notre dame's year, I've been saying it since last season. I may be wrong, but I'd put money on it :D

A scrambling QB against Texas was not the key. A strong running game from the backs, and a good short passing game, and we would've come out way on top. Oh yeah, Zwick had more YPC then Smith did. 2.2>2.1

i thought zwick had a better game the smith, and why in the hell you would try to tuck the football in the endzone and run it instead of throwing it away and getting another chance to throw it is beyond me. There is no quarterback issue, Tressel wants to play smith but he got in trouble and tressel seems to actually be a man with some morals and is benching him for it. If smith wouldn't have taken help last season who would have been starting. But Tressel has to pick one, the 2 QB strategy does not work very well, at least not for the bucks. I didn't see too much from Texas at all, Young didn't impress last night just had a good pass at the end. And from the rest of the day it might be an easy big 10 victory this year, so we might still see a National Championship but it will be hard to do

Show how much OSU dominated on defense?They gave up 382 yds (OSU had 255) and 25 points.I hope their defense doesn't "dominate" the rest of the games this season.

I don't know I think that stat is skewed. From the time following the 10 points texas put up to when we missed the field goal our defense was great. Our defense played a game that would have beat many teams but our offense didn't pull through. The best defense is the one that is not on the field and unfortunately we couldn't control the ball to make that happen. Don't forget our defense even came up with a goal line stand to give us another chance. If our offense could have scored another touchdown on one of the half-dozen chances it was given then the game would have went the other way.

I don't resent Carpenter for his shit talking either. That is the kind of attitude that a defense needs to have and they damn near got it done. OSU just gave Texas one too many oppurtunities.

But its Monday, so they need to get ready for Saturday.

On edit: Did anybody catch 610's post-game call in show or what the talk of the town is regarding this offensive situation?

and why in the hell you would try to tuck the football in the endzone and run it instead of throwing it away and getting another chance to throw it is beyond me.

If you watch the replay it was a delayed blitz. He ran right around the o-line and was on Smith immediately. Smith had no time at all.. and if he would just threw it away inside the pocket like he was it still would have been a safety..

It's the game of football. Hamby catches that pass, Bucks win. Texas field goal bounces off the upright and out instead of in, Bucks win. That 50 yd field goal is 2 feet to the left, Bucks win.. It's endless.. things didn't fall into place. I still can't wait to watch them play the rest of the season. There are some fun players to watch. :D They always say to lose early.. Bucks did and are still ranked in the top 10..

It's the game of football. Hamby catches that pass, Bucks win. Texas field goal bounces off the upright and out instead of in, Bucks win. That 50 yd field goal is 2 feet to the left, Bucks win.. It's endless.. things didn't fall into place. I still can't wait to watch them play the rest of the season. There are some fun players to watch. :D They always say to lose early.. Bucks did and are still ranked in the top 10..

Exactly - very well said on all counts.

I'm especially with you on losing early - we're still in the top 10, and, with just a little luck (e.g., Notre Dame knocking off USC, or Oklahoma owning Texas again for like the 63rd time in a row at the Red River Shootout, or Tennessee getting beat by Florida, Florida getting beat by Florida State, etc., etc.), coupled with us handily beating everyone else on our schedule, then we have a very legitimate shot not only at a BCS game, but, yes, I'll say it, the National Championship. Look, it's only the second week. We go on a run, beat down everybody (and don't have to worry about Purdue or - gasp! - Wisconsin, two teams that give OSU fits no matter what every single fucking year), and then manhandle Michigan, the pollsters will show us some love.

Guest mithesaint
Exactly - very well said on all counts.

I'm especially with you on losing early - we're still in the top 10, and, with just a little luck (e.g., Notre Dame knocking off USC, or Oklahoma owning Texas again for like the 63rd time in a row at the Red River Shootout, or Tennessee getting beat by Florida, Florida getting beat by Florida State, etc., etc.), coupled with us handily beating everyone else on our schedule, then we have a very legitimate shot not only at a BCS game, but, yes, I'll say it, the National Championship. Look, it's only the second week. We go on a run, beat down everybody (and don't have to worry about Purdue or - gasp! - Wisconsin, two teams that give OSU fits no matter what every single fucking year), and then manhandle Michigan, the pollsters will show us some love.

I beg to differ on the Purdue thing. Who exactly is going to beat them? They don't play OSU or UM. Iowa? Wisc? Hope it's one of them, because they don't play anyone else.

Smith did not play that well. Several near interceptions. Worse stats than Zwick, other than the TD. Zwick would have had the TD if Hamby hadn't dropped that pass too. I agreed with Tressel at the time, and still do. I just wish they had thrown the ball down the field more. Put Ginn in the slot, and let him go to work running deep crosses and post patterns.

I beg to differ on the Purdue thing. Who exactly is going to beat them? They don't play OSU or UM. Iowa? Wisc? Hope it's one of them, because they don't play anyone else.

I meant that we don't have to worry about getting beat by Purdue this year since we don't play them. Regardless of the year or the relative strength of OSU, each year they seem to have fits with both Purdue and especially Wisconsin. We needn't worry about that this year, which is a good thing for Purdue.

Now, as for Purdue not getting beat, well, you have a point. Not sure who will knock them off in the Big 10. Penn State maybe? Wisconsin and Iowa surely have a chance. Also, as for other games they may lose, don't they play Notre Dame?