Motorcyclists lead police on high-speed chase, wreck

Casper

I was just wondering... are you going to ride your bike this year or just let it keep taking up space in the garage.. where the hell have you been... now that your cop convention is over, you better get your ass out riding...

Ill get it out soon or later.

I need:

new tires

new chain

registration

insurance

Im still in no big hurry really, I could almost care less if I ride at all this summer.

I'm surprised no one has said anything about the guy who crashed into the wall. What turn was he on? The 670W to 315N that goes under the overpass? That turn isn't that bad. I mean really, maybe he was a squid. Or there may have been another reason....any insight from anyone?

I'm surprised no one has said anything about the guy who crashed into the wall. What turn was he on? The 670W to 315N that goes under the overpass? That turn isn't that bad. I mean really, maybe he was a squid. Or there may have been another reason....any insight from anyone?

Uhhhmmm He was running from the cops remember.. :dunno:

Uhhhmmm He was running from the cops remember.. :dunno:

Haha, I know that. I was just trying to figure out what turn. I know a few people on here that can take them pretty well. That's all.

He was trying to get off at the Medical Center Drive exit. That's a really sharp right turn with a big wall.

that makes sense. Sharp turn and you have to slow down. Either way, he was screwed on that one.

True, if he had slowed down he probably would have "ran into a cruiser" too.

i wonder if he hit the cruiser, or the cruiser decided to STOP him "once and for all" ???? i KNOW that they have blocked the hwy before right? why would a guy running from the cops hit one, unless that cruiser pulled out and he didnt have the space to stop......

..and as for the comment "There was just a big supreme court thing regarding chases. Of course they favored us for being able to chase and not have to worry about some BS for those who get hurt WHILE the run away." (typical police attitude, the bust no matter what the cost)....... i understand the position i guess, but i feel sorry for timmy and suzy with mom in the minivan that a bike slices thru at 160 mph!!!! i would rather have the cruisers stay back and let the heli do the work from a disatance, that would seem to be a win situation for the law, right? and a NO LOSS of life for all!!!!

:popcorn::popcorn:

according to the court website, the charges were dismissed?

whats up with that?

http://www.fcmcclerk.com/Pa/pa.urd/pamw ... um?3440912

i would rather have the cruisers stay back and let the heli do the work from a disatance, that would seem to be a win situation for the law, right? and a NO LOSS of life for all!!!!

[/quote:98808]

thats what they did according to the dispatch. i thought i heard something a few years back about them not being able to chase in franklin county over 100mph... nothing to say they cant call in the chopper though :)

http://columbusdispatch.com/dispatch/co ... 6O11C.html

The second motorcyclist continued on, traveling west through the county. Police cruisers backed off as the man drove at speeds topping 100 mph.

A Columbus police helicopter tracked the cyclist. At some point, he traveled onto Georgesville Road and into a neighborhood southeast of Hall and Galloway roads.

Deputies with the Franklin County sheriff's office began following the motorcyclist as he zig-zagged west onto Crossbrook Boulevard. He then reversed and went eastbound by going through lawns and over curbs.

Shortly after 9:30 p.m., the man crashed into a deputy's cruiser on Crossbrook, just east of Parkglen Road. The motorcyclist was thrown from the bike. He was taken to Mount Carmel West, where police described his condition as critical but stable. The deputy wasn't injured.

Police didn't release the name of either motorcyclist. The condition of the one who crashed on Rt. 315 wasn't known last night.

[/quote:98808]

according to the court website, the charges were dismissed?

whats up with that?

http://www.fcmcclerk.com/Pa/pa.urd/pamw ... um?3440912

i would rather have the cruisers stay back and let the heli do the work from a disatance, that would seem to be a win situation for the law, right? and a NO LOSS of life for all!!!!

thats what they did according to the dispatch. i thought i heard something a few years back about them not being able to chase in franklin county over 100mph... nothing to say they cant call in the chopper though :)

http://columbusdispatch.com/dispatch/co ... 6O11C.html

The second motorcyclist continued on, traveling west through the county. Police cruisers backed off as the man drove at speeds topping 100 mph.

A Columbus police helicopter tracked the cyclist. At some point, he traveled onto Georgesville Road and into a neighborhood southeast of Hall and Galloway roads.

Deputies with the Franklin County sheriff's office began following the motorcyclist as he zig-zagged west onto Crossbrook Boulevard. He then reversed and went eastbound by going through lawns and over curbs.

Shortly after 9:30 p.m., the man crashed into a deputy's cruiser on Crossbrook, just east of Parkglen Road. The motorcyclist was thrown from the bike. He was taken to Mount Carmel West, where police described his condition as critical but stable. The deputy wasn't injured.

Police didn't release the name of either motorcyclist. The condition of the one who crashed on Rt. 315 wasn't known last night.

[/quote:a626a] [/quote:a626a]

dismissed huh? Interesting.....now I am curious to the story behind this.

yeah me too... i tried the link again and the site is not working or something... i tried searching the news sites, but couldnt find any followup story.

if you really wanna know, you can call the clerks office, and they can give you details.

• 4 years later...