Who has .............

Guest cgotti

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who cares about going in a straight line. best way to race is on a street track like mid-ohio or even autocross, but maby thats just me?

You speak of racing on Mid-Ohio and yet you have Ohiodrifting in your sig. Isn't along the lines of a figure skater busting out his front teeth in order to pose as a hockey player?

who cares about going in a straight line. best way to race is on a street track like mid-ohio or even autocross, but maby thats just me?

I must agree with my esteemed colleagues that posted above me. Shut up. Drag racing, road-course racing, and auto-x are all established events with a large following. Which ever you prefer to partcipate in is just fine with me, because they're all a blast. Just because you don't like a motorsport or just because you own a vehichle that isn't well suited to it, doesn't make it worthless.

Dude a stock z06 would MURDER your car or even a HIGHLY moded one around a a road course. Hell for that matter a ws-6 or ss would as well.

I must agree with my esteemed colleagues that posted above me. Shut up. Drag racing, road-course racing, and auto-x are all established events with a large following. Which ever you prefer to partcipate in is just fine with me, because they're all a blast. Just because you don't like a motorsport or just because you own a vehichle that isn't well suited to it, doesn't make it worthless.

Shit i own a car that is built for NONE of those. But I enjoy all of them you better bet i will autocross my whirly dragon. Will also drag it a few times :) Shit given the right opertunity i would take it on a road corse. I love all racing except nascar but i know there is a follow for it just don't care for it.

I'M NOT SAYING DRAG RACING IS BS, but what production cars these days are made to drag? None. Hell, what car from any factory is made to be a drag beast (I've done no research, so I expect to be proved wrong). Now look at how many cars are tested at the Nurnburgring Circuit. 1/4 mile times are becoming less and less a factor in automotive advertisement; How many cars do you see advertised on TV that show a car blasting down a straight road? Now look at drift+road course. Mazda6 has the drifting in the desert. The new MX-5 I believe is shown on a racecourse. Hell, even the Jeep Grand Cherokee is shown in contest against a BMW and Audi on a race course, right before it hits the rough terrain. Drag racing certainly has its niche in motorsports, don't think I mean to say otherwise. What I argue is that it has NOTHING compared to the worldwide impact of road racing. Even drift contests are becoming popular (not that the crowd it caters to is the most intellectually sound). Straight line dynamo's (sp?) deserve a lot of respect for what they do, because as we've seen in the past, it is a dangerous and sometimes fatal sport. I think, though, that a road course such as Mid-Ohio generates more support and attention to motorsports in general.

EDIT: In response to your post, buckeye, at the mid-ohio school, I blew by both a Z06 and an NSX in a Mid-Ohio RSX. The Z06 wasn't really pushing it, but the NSX guy knew how to drive and I still got by him on the hot laps. Its all about the driver. There was a John Cooper S Works Cooper out on the circuit raping EVERYONE.

Their is no fastest car in the columbus area........there will always be someone faster. Check your ego's at the door. Theirs so many cars that don't go and hangout and rev their engine's in a parking lot that people never know about, so to say my RX-7 or my Vette or my Stang is the fastest is second grade humor.

It's getting old hearing people knock on Mustangs as well, like your cars are fucking god. People are so quick to knock on these cars yet most people always want to race them or are comparing their cars to one, why is that? I'm not saying stangs are the fastest or the best car out there, but for the BANG for the Buck factor they are the best setup period.

Oh and knocking dragracing is not a smart move.....most of you wouldn't have the cars you would today if it wasn't for the dragracer's. Racing from a roll is gay IMO what does it prove? I can race a bicycle from a roll.

EDIT: In response to your post, buckeye, at the mid-ohio school, I blew by both a Z06 and an NSX in a Mid-Ohio RSX. The Z06 wasn't really pushing it, but the NSX guy knew how to drive and I still got by him on the hot laps. Its all about the driver. There was a John Cooper S Works Cooper out on the circuit raping EVERYONE.

Yes I am aware of that I fully know about power to weight. If you look he has a miata, keeping that in mind what I said fits with a good driver in both cars

Dude a stock z06 would MURDER your car or even a HIGHLY moded one around a a road course. Hell for that matter a ws-6 or ss would as well.

yes it would murder my car because i have done 0 performance mods to my engine. all of my money has gone to suspension on my car and hell i know tons of miatas that would frankly, smoke the shit outta a z06. hell the one im thinking about would either out run a zo6 or do atleast as good. ever heard of a ls1? yes im sure but how about a ls1 in a miata? its been done and its quite fast.

*edit* ahem ls1 miata

http://www.ls1miata.net/gallery/miata/miata_almost_done_001

only one of the now many