The V8 boost buildup has begun!

MrMeanGreen

Earlier, a few months ago, I purchased some aluminum 6.0L LQ9 heads. 72cc combustion chambers, compression drop, flows like the LS6 heads. Great for boost, even better ported.

Then I bought the 6.0L GM gaskets. Additional compression drop, like boost almost as much as MLS gaskets.

The plans I call for are a 347 forged block, capable of handling 20+ psi of boost, turbo or supercharger (not sure which at this point). This will be built this winter.

Saturday, I made a trip to Dayton and picked up one of these:

http://www.columbusracinghosting.com/agreen/intake1.jpg

http://www.columbusracinghosting.com/agreen/intake2.jpg

http://www.columbusracinghosting.com/agreen/intake3.jpg

The Weiand/Lingerfelter Performance Engineering LS6 intake. Aluminum, flows quite a bit more than the factory LS6 intake, a nice addition to a boosted setup. I believe I'm going the powdercoated route with it, which if anyone has any recommendations for a shop, I'd appreciate some input.

Some people claim heat soak issues, some love the intake to death. I'm for the latter, and don't plan on hot lapping the piss outta the car. I'm slowly assembling my entourage of parts. I'm hoping spring is good to me, especially with the new plans for the stall converter-back and some suspension adjustments :)

I've never seen anyone happy with that intake ant. Most yank it and go back to stock because it has issues sealing right.

Don't I know that for sure. You know the new carb'd LS intakes have been machined to accept the rubber gaskets we use know. If you had your stock intake digitized then you could have the rectangular grooves machined into it thus providing a better seal. If not take your time and use plenty of RTV.

Don't use the brush on type like I did.

Good luck DarkFormula

i like it mead engineering does powdercoating and since you wont need that ls6 anymore if you would be interested in trading it for work or cash is cool with me (esp if it all happens in the spring time ill deff have cash :)

and my offer to help out is always open as i am available :)

<----- HAS EXPERIENCE DROPPING LS1s :):):):):)

ant sent you a PM and hell yea id love to see how this all comes out....

Cant you get a BOV for a supercharger i was told you could but cant afford a BOV muchless a S/c right now anyways so i never researched it