update

wnaplay1647545503

Well a few months ago I got a good deal on a 96 eclipse for the wifey. $600.

I got it from a guy who took it away from his son for putting a hole in the block. I'v spent a this time looking for a new engine. Unfortunatly I couldn't find anything under $1100 worth anything. Until now. $250 for a complete engine cause the guy at the junkyard forgot to enter the correct price in the computer. When I got there to pick it up, the owner tried to do the old switcheroo. But it wasnt happening. Everything else is still good on the old engine. And everything appears to be good on the new, used, engine. So hopefully soon I will have something worth driving out to meet everyone. Its not a turbo, and only has the 420a motor in it. However for the price I couldnt pass it up. Its very clean. So I'm going to keep it pretty stock, maybe do a few performance upgrades. If anyone has any suggestions besides selling it to buy something else I'd like to hear em. That includes running it into a tree. I'll update again soon and let anyone interested know how its going.

Well, personally, I don't think it's ever gonna be a "quick" car, turning low ET's on the strip, so I would go the road race route with it and put the money into suspension componets to make it handle and carve corners. I didn't notice if you said if it was a stick or not. Or if it was all wheel drive, but that is the route I would go, and maybe a turbo kit and run a bit of boost. If the wife's gonna be driving it, unless she is into damn fast cars and the like, these simple mods will keep most all of what you have on the motor from needing to be replaced. Big turbos, cams and all that shit make for real expensive needs like EMU's, bigger injectors and fuel pumps and that sort of stuff that will make the car faster, but do yu want that sort of performance and fuel mileage?