stator wires are very hot

wnaplay

Well I got the carbs put back together and started the bike. Now onto problem #2. The stator wires are very hot. 1 min after starting the bike, the wires are to hot to touch. The stock connectors have been replaced with butt(ha I said butt) connectors due to original owner wrecking it and ripping them apart. This is a newer problem. The connectors have been on there for awhile without issue. They have started to burn through the heat shrink and melt together. I have a spare R/R that I am not sure is any good or not. Should I try to swap them out or could it be something else?

hey man, i am having the same problem, so far the possible causes i have found include a bad stator, bad r/r, bad ECU, bad battery, short somewhere in the main harness. I believe mine is stemming from a short in the harness. Check for battery leakage, if it is out of spec then that suggests that there is a short somewhere.