how to spot beginner riders

Chad is Dead

Lets start of list of how you can tell people are new to bikes.

- when they start up their bike, put it in gear and it cuts off because the kickstand is down. They put the kickstand up, try and try again and then realize its in 1st gear.

I admit I've done it before..lol

-speed tucks at low low speeds

-forgeting to put down the kickstand and using all your muscle to keep your bike from falling over

-forget their blinker is on until they have to turn again

-stalling and then forgetting that it's in first gear when you try to start it again.

yeah man get ur endorsement, cops dont tollerate it if they catch u out after dark or on the freeways. I rode on the freeways and at night the first 2 years i had my temps and the day after i got my endorsement i got pulled over at night and thats the first thing he checked. Test is easy as shit.

Hang back when riding in groups. (nervious about being to close to other bikes)

I usually do this - give the bike in front of me plenty of space. I also don't like having anyone near me. If I have to make a sudden emergency maneuver my options are limited. I know my skill level - I don't know other's.

Braking while cornering is one of the easiest ways to recognize a new rider. Also, not looking through a turn.

I usually do this - give the bike in front of me plenty of space. I also don't like having anyone near me. If I have to make a sudden emergency maneuver my options are limited. I know my skill level - I don't know other's.

Braking while cornering is one of the easiest ways to recognize a new rider. Also, not looking through a turn.

braking while cornering could also be a sign of a very good rider, but you prolly wouldnt be close enough to see him backing it in with a lil trail braking.

-passing people on the shoulder in a full tuck at 50mph

-randomly placed stickers

-big ol' stock rear fender

-holding the clutch in the entire light cycle

-leather jackets w/ tennis shoes

-jackets w/o helmets

braking while cornering could also be a sign of a very good rider, but you prolly wouldnt be close enough to see him backing it in with a lil trail braking.

Yes - it could be. But you'll know the difference (when you see it) immediately.

Someone who is trail-braking into a corner is probably at near-full lean as well. A newbie rider won't be anywhere near half lean, yet they will still be on the brakes.