this thing also has quad turbos

large_x7

Quad turbos must be the new "in" thing. Check out the new Bugati Veyron (finally released!):

http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=103261

My favorite quote:

"Although the times are yet to be independently verified, Bugatti claims its new two-seater will hit 62 mph from a standstill in 2.5 seconds, 125 mph in 7.3 seconds, and amazingly, given it tips the scales at a rather portly 4300 pounds, 186 mph in just 16.8 seconds. For comparison, a Porsche Carrera GT needs 34 seconds to reach that last mark, and we don’t recall anyone describing it as slow."

I wish we had a jizz-monkey icon, cause I would put it all over this thing.

Quad turbos must be the new "in" thing. Check out the new Bugati Veyron

welcome to 10 years ago. ;)

I'm wondering why its so heavy. I'd assume Bugatti would be using composites. Even with sound deadening I'd expect it to be less then 3500.

With 937bhp, those numbers are entirely possible, it depends on gearing and hooking.

The AWD system adds some weight, but I'm taking bets that the interior is at Bently standards, MINIMUM. Leather everything, lotsa solid metal parts, and tons of sound deadener. Composites tend to resonate more than metal does, it takes more deadener to kill all those buzzes.

Yeah, my understanding from the Autoweek article is that this is supposed to be a GT car, not a track monster like the Enzo, so comfort is automatically #1 priority. And I do realize that this has been in development for what seems like 10 years, but the fact that its finally here and sounds to be really good is the exciting part. Of course, I can't afford it, so in the end it doesn't really effect me, but I can dream, can't I?

welcome to 10 years ago. ;)

I'm wondering why its so heavy. I'd assume Bugatti would be using composites. Even with sound deadening I'd expect it to be less then 3500.

With 937bhp, those numbers are entirely possible, it depends on gearing and hooking.

read the article you dink.

"The engine and gearbox weigh 1400 pounds, close to one-third of the Veyron’s weight."