YAY open headers+cam

98fiveseven1647545503

As the Title say my camaro is fixed just in time to be stored for the winter.

Fired up for the first time in a couple months tonite :)

Itll have a month or so left so itll break in and be good for next season.

I havent been this happy in a long time. Well since it broke a couple months ago. I still need to pick up a few parts here and there to get it perfect but yea :) Open headers sound great but they are getting capped in favor of a ORY and loudmouth so there wont be any restriction anyway just make it quieter sorta.

I figured i would share

paul

it still needs a a rocker arm but i ran out of money whilst the build, but that is the least of my worries the ead gaskets held it runs so that is the great thing and 2 hours to swap out rocker arms isnt a negative im good at that lol

but it makes me so proud that out of all the engines i have torn down 2 of like the 6 or so through school actually got to run so i have my confidence back now :) but yea installing the y-pipe torque arm tommarow and bleeding the brakes so i cant wait till friday i dont care what the temperature is the t-tops will be off!

ok during start up and running cool there is little-no noise under the valve cover the engine heats up and there is more noise

so injectors are now out of the equation.

im starting to question the machine work on the heads.

had 2 techs at robys (shop foreman and engine tech) tell me by the sound it was probaly a bad valve guide.

mac

original diagnosis: no bent valves (they sealed under his head test)

I told him to go ahead and tear them apart and check them (for bent valves and check the guides) and there was 2 bent valves.

I have a sneaky suspision(sp) that they did not check the valve guides.

if the case is that the machine shop did not check the guides and the valves are making the noise can i take the heads to a different shop and have them bill the previous shop or what do i need to do/can i do about this? this has really bent me up on this damn car.

The noise is in the same location and same speed and close to same loudness.

this is the last nerve for this situation.

i changed the cam, lifters, pushrods, springs, retainers and 2 rockers on #5 cylinder where 99% of my noise and problems occured.(where the noise still is)