First Pass 10.44 with 3 pounds of boost. LOL

DTM Brian

Some friends rented Norwalk today and we took my pops car to get a baseline. The night before on the dyno it made 586whp and 625 ft lbs of torque at 15 pounds of boost. This is through an automatic with a stall and 28 inch slicks. In between each dyno run, you had to spray the belt with VHT to get it to make boost. If not, the boost would fall to 9 pounds after just one dyno pull.

I have not been down a track in two years. I figured I will totally screw up the pass. Foot braking the car, It sixty footed a 1.47 with an et of 6.50 at 105 in the eighth slowing falling off to a 10.44 at only 122 mph in the 1/4. I know car was making decent boost in the begining of the run. But as soon as I clicked it into 3rd gear. I looked at the boost and we were only at 3 pounds and car was falling on its face. Not bad for the a first pass and no boost on big end of the track.

2ndpass efore the rain started, I figured I would try the trans brake. Leaving at 4500 on the brake, It pulled both wheels. However I screwed up as the car left in the air. When I took my right hand from the transbrake button to the shifter, I bumped it into second gear a split second after launching. Still managed a 1.46 sixty foot with most of it being in 2nd gear. Car was making even less boost on this pass and therefore decided to abort the run. Gonna try another idler pulley and get it to the track this saturday weather permitting. I think a 9 sec pass is going to be pretty easy once we can get it to make 15 pounds of boost the whole run.

http://www.wtfhost.com/userfiles/kenny/norwalk/IMG_4410.jpg

Wow Brian. Congrats to you and Howard on that run, and more, faster, ones to come in the future!! And congrats to your dad on picking up a badass car.

I can assume the suspension and drive terrain is not stock?

I've never liked the way the LX notchbacks look. I understand why people race them, but just don't like the looks as much as a GT hatch. But I guess I can let it slide on this car. :p

Can't wait to see you, your dad, and the car on the 29th!!!

We got ourselves a race brian... supposed to rain tomorrow, you still gonna go up to smackdown? Got the new tires, just gotta make em fit tonight. Good runs, if its a stock idler pully you need, I am pretty sure I have one in my boxes of parts.

Not sure what the idler for the blower. It would nice just to put a cog system on it. I think it will go nines with the blower.