Speeding Tickets...

bbop0362

Have you gotten a speeding ticket on your bike?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Have you gotten a speeding ticket on your bike?

• I don't speed
    • 0-20MPH over speed limit
    • 20-40MPH over speed limit
    • 40-60MPH over speed limit
    • 60+ over speed limit
    • They couldn't catch me

So I have been doing much commuting recently on the local highways (90, 480, 271, ect.) and it seems that there are bikers stopped all over the place anymore! I was just curious to see how many of us bikers have had a speeding ticket and how bad that ticket was. Thank God for the fine public servants that lurk in the shadows to tax local citizens...and make the highways a safer place to drive. ;)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the PoPo up here, in general, don't like sport bikers. I talked with a Rocky River cop one time who told me that we are "problems." Sure, some newbie riders who are dumb certainly fit into this category...but not all of us. But I'm not going to lie...I can understand why some RR cops dislike sport bikes. Anyone who has been on that perfect 5+ mile stretch of 90 probally can understand why also ;).

i should have got one once but i got away. learned my lesson. with my hazmat license i get double of what any normal joe would get so i have been saving my blasting to roads i know arent patroled as much.

i should have got one once but i got away. learned my lesson. with my hazmat license i get double of what any normal joe would get so i have been saving my blasting to roads i know arent patroled as much.

I know what you mean...my job is also dependent on my licence. And any points that I accumulate must be recorded with my work so I try to take it easy.

And to all the 'They couldn't catch me' voters, lets hear some stories!

Supposedly, I was clocked doing 75mph in a 35mph zone. I had a friend on the back and I wanted to do a quick accel and coast up a hill - the guy must've clocked me right before I pulled the clutch.

He must've followed me for 2 miles @ the speed limit (35 mph) and pulled me over on the strip when I finally heard the siren (never saw the flash bar). The only thing I could find on was my license, my registration and insurance cards fell out of the back of the bike somewhere.

It was bike night in Mansfield, and he let me off with a warning. I really lucked out there.

OK here is my story for "JUST THIS SEASON" The Cops don't like me

1. Sundusky ohio bike week June 6th:

I rode my bike, wife and 5yr old daughter followed in a car, checked in the Days Inn on route250 then around 8PM planned to ride to Roeder Harley Davidson (the bike week CPU) which is about 3/4th mile from the hotel. So my wife jumped on the back and I put my daughter in between me and the gas tank and off we go at less than 25 mph. Well, a cop pulled behind me at the parking lot and said his supervisor saw me on the road and called him and it's a "child endangerment" and I have to go to the jail and bailed out. NICE. So with the handcuff (they didn't do it infront of my kid) off I go in the sqaud car to Erie County jail (first time in my life). The officers heard my story and released me witout bail due to overcrowding of the jail and I come back in about 45 minutes to party:). The following Monday (Jun8th) was my court date, so overstayed a day. The judge read the charge and asked what I do...where I am from etc....he was so nice and told his assistant that is inappropriate and he wants to drop the "child endangerment charge" but he needs the approval of the bar committe. So I then explained the situation to the bar committee and they agreed to the judge and he told me that the court will drop the charge and make it a minor traffic violation so I paid 95 bucks including court fee and no points. Came back home happy. Nice outcome :D

2. The weekafter riding back home from QSL bikenight wednesday Jun 11:

I just took the I480 east from 77north, wasn't speeding a popo pulled me over, shit DUI??? Just a couple of beers.....Nope he told my license plate is slanted under the undertail, he could not see it, I have to move it back...then he checked the license, verified the ownership of the bike and let me go. NICE COP. But I did not move the license plate.

3. That very weekend Saturday 14th:

I was riding with my daughter in the rocky river reservation. A North Olmsted cop followed me for a mile.....we were all up in helmet and gears...then flashing lights.....shit...He gave me violation ticket for the license plate...no charge, I will have to do the modification and show it to North Olmsted police station...still better. Changed it and showed it the following Tuesday.

4. Panini's and Liquid Fusion Night club West 6th Street Monday July 7th:

Who hangs out on a Monday....I do...was just chillin...was going home around 2 AM (bad boy) just started the bike, a popo asked me to turn off the key and asked to take off the helmet and then asked whether I was here for a while or not, I told the truth. He then told me that I have to park the bike in any public parking lot and arrange a ride home otherwise DUI.......shit....I didnot argue, again just a couple of beers but may be just above legal limit. He told if the bike is gone that night....DUI in mail. I Called my wife, parked the bike on a parking lot on lakeside avenue and got picked up at 2.45 AM. Next day morning I retrievd the bike. Thanks to my wife for bearing with me :bow:.

5. On I-271 near Macedonia July 13th Sunday:

Well got little late for the ride that was planned for from 356 Fighters group Canton. Started in rain...little fast...those areas are cop infested but Sunday 9AM !!!! Pulled over. The cop told me that I shot past him. He was in a white SUV with a thin light bar never saw him on the extreme right lane in a three lane freeway in rain ....shit. I was doing 95-100. He told that I was over 90. He didn't clock my speed though and asked me repeatedly what speed I was going at..."Officer I am sorry I did not notice", never confessed. He called another cop and took 50 minutes to write me the ticket, which say "reckless operation at more than 90mph in rain"....mandatory court date on July 30th. Spoiled that planned ride and killed my day, although I went that afternoon to the canton fest and met the few folks.

Thats my story........So am a genuine "SQUID" now ??? :( need rehab......

Damn Kosmo, you do have some bad luck this year. You must live close to me...I'm right by the RR reservation in North Olmsted. I need to find out who the group of guys/gals who ride by my house at 2-3am are. I live right next to 480 and almost every nice night I hear 4-10 bikes fly by at what sounds like top out speed. It wakes me up but I fall back to sleep right away and have sweet dreams.

I've never gotten a speeding ticket..but I was clocked in the triple digits on the turnpike. The speed limit is 65. You do the math.

I try to keep it civilized...and leave the high speed stuff for no traffic and obvious clear paths down the highway or in the country.

84 in a 70. Figured my Speedo was off by more then it was as I hadn't GPS verified it. After 7 hours in the saddle with 3 to go coming from south of Atlanta.

Was registering 94 and figured 15mph error at that speed not just 10. Heck my 01 GSXR 1000 was almost 8 mph off at 65 stock.

One speeding charge on my record so far this year. Ten over the limit and no points. I could have ditched him but I didn't think he would turn around since I was only doing about 10 or 11 over the limit. Now on highways I keep the speed down once in awhile. I didn't buy a liter-bike to go slow. As long as you stay hypnotized in front of one of the dozens of reality-themed TV shows rather than go out and live life, the cops will leave you alone. Better yet, buy a minivan or a SUV, that way you can make the roads safer when you get a call on your $300 cell phone because you forgot to put the timer on the roast. I love this country, really I do.