Crankcase Seems VERY Hot

LoneRanger

I commute to work approx. 5 miles one way. I recently did the holesaw mod and now my crankcase seems to be very very hot in that short period of time. My top speed as it is not highway is 45 - 50 on the way in with the majority of the commute 40 or less.

Oil levels are fine and 600 mile service was just performed last week.

Any ideas on what may be causing this?

The bike is an 06 Shadow Spirit 750.

Thanks in advance.

Well I am noticing what I consider hoigher temps than before. The bike wa sparked in my garage after I got home from work and the case was still warm 3 hours later. It was very hot when I arrived at work this morning. You wouldn't get burned, but seemed hotter than I remember.

as long as your temps are staying low its fine, my bike will burn you if you touch it bare skin, have done it before on my shin when putting the bike away after it sat for about 20 minutes, i changed into shorts and had to lean the bike on my leg for a couple seconds to get by my car and into the garage and it burned like a mofo, left a nice big red mark for about a week.

I did the mixture adjustment last night. Was really easy took about 45 minutes. If I have to do it again I would bet on 30 minutes tops.

Bike is running better. I still get some decel popping, but not anything like I was. I'll see how it goes over the next couple of days and pull the plugs this weekend to see if I'm too lean or too rich and adjust accordingly.

Crankcase seemed cooler this morning as well.

Thanks for the ideas!