Code Scanner for 1997 & up

RS69

I am looking for a code scanner to read codes on 1997 and up GM/Ford/Volvo. I went to Auto Zone last night and they had a $80 reader made by Acton(I think) and the one that looked real good was around $279 dollars(I think the model number was 9150). This 9150 read the codes in real time instead of what was stored in history. What do other CR member use, Buckeye, Rolla, etc?

Thanks,

Rick

• 2 weeks later...
Go to Mac tools and get a used Mentor or Genesis the cheaper models can be picked up around $500-600. They can do just about everything(kill injectors/any sensor, scan and monitor anything) and you can get a datalogging chip for them to.

I was considering purchasing the snap-on modis. My buddy just picked one up from his dealer and said he could get me a good deal on one. I know its pricey. I also looked into getting an older snap-on scanner(mt2500). You can get a good one with alot of adapters and software from ebay for $500-$1000.