My eye is jacked up...

Kevin R.

I know we have some medical professssionals on here haha, so thought I'd ask.

Saw this happen to someone on here before..

On Friday I slept with my contacts in like I always do, but since they were so old and needed changed, I woke up with my eye watered and trying to get them outta there.

Took em out without a problem, put new ones in, continued on with my day.

Well, since I woke up that morning my left eye is all red, mostly veins around it but I can see a mark around the center where the contact edge was, and it is red...

It's getting better but it is Monday now and still red..

Could I have an ulcer? Wouldn't that get worse if left alone and not better?

Eye doctor time.

Sounds like you may have an infection of some sort - probably the result of some bacteria being caught up under the contact. My advice would be to:

1. Take out your contacts and leave them out.

2. Avoid overuse of Visine and other vasodiolating agents (i.e., anything that is marketed to get rid of "red eyes").

3. Contact your optometrist as soon as possible.

4. Consider pitching the contacts that you are currently wearing - if you do have a bacterial infection, then it's possible that these new contacts you put in are contaminated.

Notably, this is why all of the optometrists I ever spoke with on this subject advise that you never, ever sleep with contacts in your eyes (even those that you are "allowed" to sleep in).

Disclaimer: I am not an optometrist or an opthamologist. The advice given here should not be considered professional.

i concur with the doc. some thing happened to me after swimming in a lake with my contacts in once. i got similar advice, but i was also prescribed a medicated eyedrop. went away in a few days, but ive never been able to wear contacts for as long since. my eyes are more sensitive now.

once, after a rally, I noticed that about 10-15 deg of my feild of vision was gone..just gone, like some one had folded over a photograph. I'de move my finger from left to right, and it would dissapear for a second in my left periferal range. I was told it was probably a migrain, which I've never had before.

Sounds like you may have an infection of some sort - probably the result of some bacteria being caught up under the contact. My advice would be to:

1. Take out your contacts and leave them out.

2. Avoid overuse of Visine and other vasodiolating agents (i.e., anything that is marketed to get rid of "red eyes").

3. Contact your optometrist as soon as possible.

4. Consider pitching the contacts that you are currently wearing - if you do have a bacterial infection, then it's possible that these new contacts you put in are contaminated.

Notably, this is why all of the optometrists I ever spoke with on this subject advise that you never, ever sleep with contacts in your eyes (even those that you are "allowed" to sleep in).

Disclaimer: I am not an optometrist or an opthamologist. The advice given here should not be considered professional.

optometrist is not the right word. Eye-doctor. damn Tilley

i use to get that problem all the time. three to four times a month. eye doc told me a range of problems. mostly i didnt give a shit when it came to taking care of them. i had a medicine drip that was called Thorizine (sp?) that took the redness away. I would also form bubbles on my eyes. one doctor proved i had an allergic problem to a checmical in my cleaner and my family doctor (who is the shit) said that it was from being dirty, rubbing, eye infection, fluid build up, and virus. If your eye is watering in any way there is a term called Conjunctivitis (i have no fucking idea how to spell this word) which also means Pink eye. My eyes suck ass i have had a crap load of problems with the. take the contacts out and throw on your glasses.

So the short and sweet of it is....call your doctor.

Had this happen to me also. I immediatly went to my eye doctor (one of the best around and a personal friend). I was about an hour away from losing complete vision in one of my eyes. Had to put eyedrops in every 15 mins for 2 days straight. They make new lenses that allow 80% more oxygen to your eyes.