Header Installation

Kevin R.

Just wondering if anyone on here can/would install some headers on a 94 Mustang GT, preferable someone who has done it before.

Don't feel like doin' it myself as it's not an easy task and would rather pay someone.

PM me if you can do it and price.

Also, what is easier, shortys or equal length?

I don't plan on getting long tubes, don't give a shit about the HP gain, just sick of looking at my rusty ass stockers.

Let me get this straight... You want to spend the money on headers, not for peformace, but because you're tired of looking at the stock rusty ones? :confused: CLOSE THE HOOD! problem solved. It's going to be a PITA no matter if you go shorty or long. The bolts are about 11 years old, and more than 1 is going to break. Do it right the 1st time and go with a set of LT's.

power wise there is not a bunch of difference in any header you get on the 5.0

they had a dyno test on the 3 types and the outcome was nto what i expected.

the best all aroudn perfomance the shorty unequal length was the leader.

equal length had about 1 rwtq more than the others, and the longtubes had 1 rwhp more.

if your not looking forward to getting a blower or whatever.. using jsut a na, stock motor wiht bolt ons... your best bet is a set of inch and a half diameter unequal length shortys. youll get more torque than an inch and 5/8s. and you cna definately tell the diffeence.

but if your gouing any other route than that.. do inch and 5/8s. or if your gonna do a blower eventually do longtubes for the fact youll want more exhuast flow.

and if you do longtubes, youll have to do a shrot h pipe.

jsut rule out equal length shorties all together.

Ya, I'm looking into the shorty unequal length.

Does it make a difference in exhaust tone? Louder? Lower? My car is probably going to break down soon so little mods are all I am doing, plus going to college soon. I know I won't be running 12's, or even 13's, but that's okay.

those are equal lengths.. get a set of unequal lengths.. they are cheaper as well.

perfect set right there... you cna get them hot coated again.

any finish will usually not last long.

chrome get blued, or rust..

and heat coated get rusty or get an orange color

so get a set like that and get them jet hot coated