gt40r neon beat sc vette?

Brandon

Guest JsANeon
Looks like it hung in there, but couldn't keep up. Theres a fellow with a gt40 srt4 back in Cleveland, fairly sure he was trapping mid 130s.

Yes im sure your talking about Aaron who owns Real Tune Performance in Cleveland...he was at 575whp on stock internals......and yes that is silverscooby in the vid....his car has made a few changes since and from what i believe is on a little more boost cause thats all that was holdin him back....and he never brake boosted whatsoevr...lol it really helps when that turbo doesnt spool untill around 4k or more and our redline is at 6200!

Guest JsANeon
Ok so i just looked at his mods on SRTforums and it says that scooby's car only has a t3/t4 50trim with around 450whp and his best posted time is an 11.6.......but like i said high spool= roll on king....lol

Guest My12SecGT
I know it's a little off topic, but what exactly is break boosting? Is it what it sounds?(forgot question in the first reply, my bad)

You hold the break and it builds boost by puting a load on the motor.

Guest JsANeon
You hold the break and it builds boost by puting a load on the motor.

Yes while giving it gas at the same time at 3rd honk put pedal to the floor and let off the brake......it will def. give you a nice jump on the opponent......some cant brake boost though(VW's) computer will stop boost from building and for some cars the wastegate may start to flutter when building to much boost in lower rpms!

looked like the vette got him the first 2 times and the last time the neon got him. I figured the neon would have done better with that vette only making 520 rwhp and mid 400 rwtq

That neon on race gas can much just as much power and is lighter.

Guest JsANeon
wrong

you still having fuel cut issues?

No i got a mild tune to for now untill i take the car apart for the winter.....oh and powers how much do vettes weigh? Cause SRT's are around 3200 or more depending on the driver......and like i said scooby's car wasnt really on that high of boost and it is only a 50 trim which can only support mid 400 to 500 hp efficiently!

Guest JsANeon
50 trim supporting 500 horsepower efficiently............NO

You may be right ...but it has been done many times....with that said then that also goes to show you that hmmmm... what if the SRT had a bigger turbo than just a little 50 trim, if so it prob. wouldnt be as close of a race!

Yes while giving it gas at the same time at 3rd honk put pedal to the floor and let off the brake......it will def. give you a nice jump on the opponent......some cant brake boost though(VW's) computer will stop boost from building and for some cars the wastegate may start to flutter when building to much boost in lower rpms!

I brake boost off the line... doesnt do much good because i just roast tires but its fun anyway. My wastgate does the fluttering thing too... like when i hit 19psi at 2300rpm... yea it doesnt like that.

Yes im sure your talking about Aaron who owns Real Tune Performance in Cleveland...he was at 575whp on stock internals......and yes that is silverscooby in the vid....his car has made a few changes since and from what i believe is on a little more boost cause thats all that was holdin him back....and he never brake boosted whatsoevr...lol it really helps when that turbo doesnt spool untill around 4k or more and our redline is at 6200!

That would be him. Dude is a straight up prick, but his car is not slow by any means.

Guest JsANeon
That would be him. Dude is a straight up prick, but his car is not slow by any means.

Who Aaron?.....if so he can be but he has been pretty good with me so far....i ws actually up at his shop in Clev. last week or something like that, anyways ...yeah his new setup is gonna be insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Guest JsANeon

Ok so i was wrong that is not silverscoobys car it is 4U2NV's....i was just guessing before because streetfire and a few other hosts havent been workin on my comp......there is another vid out that actually is scooby's car but i guess the zo6 was a built N/A(sorry i was mistaking for another). Here is a link to 4U2NV's post on our forums! and yes his is a GT40!(only at 20-25psi)

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189249

You may be right ...but it has been done many times....with that said then that also goes to show you that hmmmm... what if the SRT had a bigger turbo than just a little 50 trim, if so it prob. wouldnt be as close of a race!

Neat more lag, more wheelspin, and unusualble power. 80 mph roll ons for lyfe...:rolleyes: .

And yes if you get a big enough air ratio then you can squeeze 500 out of a 50 trim, but that is just ignorant imo.