headers powder coated?

evan9381

i remember asking about getting a turbo manifold powder coated a while back, and the general answer was that it gets too hot...so let me ask, can i get a regular set of exhaust headers powder coated or will they too become too hot (i know they dont get as hot as a turbo manifold) to keep powder coated? and yes, i know about ceramic coating, but i would like to do these gray/silver, and all i can find for ceramic coating is black

Ceramic coating comes in gray/silver as well.

My headers are Jet Hot coated. I don't recommend them to anybody; the quality of the coating is complete crap, their customer service when I sent them back sucked to be nice about it. The recoat lasted the same as the original coating before it started to rust/flake....about a month.

There ARE coating companies out there that offer better stuff. But avoid Jet Hot.

You can get several different kinds of cermic coatings. You can also have your cermaic coating polished. Silver/gray is very common so is black. There are a few lower temp coatings that come in more colors but will not be the 2000 degree coating that others are, these will all be for show not for heat supression.

I heard (rumor, never personally dealt with them) on one of the monte carlo forums, that Jet Hot is great for customer service and all this and the other, but places like Jegs and Summit and a lot of other companies that advertise Jet hot coatings aren't Jet Hot inc ... I'll find it... http://www.montecarloss.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=000033#000000

It's all in there, I don't remember everything except where the most was :).

But there is some more 'testimonials' if ya will about the Jet Hot company and others.

I heard (rumor, never personally dealt with them) on one of the monte carlo forums, that Jet Hot is great for customer service and all this and the other, but places like Jegs and Summit and a lot of other companies that advertise Jet hot coatings aren't Jet Hot inc ... I'll find it... http://www.montecarloss.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=000033#000000

It's all in there, I don't remember everything except where the most was :).

But there is some more 'testimonials' if ya will about the Jet Hot company and others.

No, I've dealt directly with Jet Hot. My headers were drop-shipped from Jet Hot, and were brand new headers when coated the first time.

They suck, plain and simple. The coating sucks, they forced me to pay shipping to/from them for WARRANTY work on their shitty header coating, which ended up peeling anyway. Funny how the return shipping was 2x the cost of what I paid to ship them to them.

Or the fact that after they had them for a couple weeks, I called them since I heard nothing from them. They hadn't touched the headers; they were trying to sell me on some other coating at more $$ to me, so they didn't want to coat them until they talked to me about that, yet they never called/emailed me, and they had all my contact info.

Screw them; they deserve no business IMO.