Tinman vs Sam race

Sam1647545489

knowing the parties involved, and having respect for both of them, i dont think either sam or matt would "bail" on a race, even if they thought they would lose. im going to have to assume someone is still down or broken.

sucks for the rest of us. hope you guys get it sorted out. im obviously not the only person squirrelling away on this one.

really?

man, today seems like a really good day. about as good as you could hope for in november. to be honest, it seems like traction would be an issue for you guys any way you slice it.

either way, im not the guy to tell people what to do with their cars in terms of what feels safe to them, so i can respect your decision. im also a little spoiled when it comes to roadgrabbing ability (see the "winter racing" thread) and throw in the fact that mine is boosted, and cold days are some of my favorite.

come spring, ill probably be in the same boat as you, so i have to throw my "awd owns j00!" stones while i can. heres to a profitable winter, and a fast spring!

Well in all honestly, I am ready to run. I have the BFG on the back, I am not sure on Tinmans setup. If he is runnin street tires then it is understandable to wanting to run due to the cold. Like I said before, no biggie, we will get a chance at each other in spring. That will give us time to do some mod work to the cars..

I am the one who called it off. Sam challenged me a few days after I started taking my car down for winter, we agreed to run tomorrow night. But after the temps started dropping well below freezing, I decided that my season was done. Even on drag radials, my car will be with out traction on these cold streets

I am the one who called it off. Sam challenged me a few days after I started taking my car down for winter, we agreed to run tomorrow night. But after the temps started dropping well below freezing, I decided that my season was done. Even on drag radials, my car will be with out traction on these cold streets

What did you think the temps were going to be when you accepted this race a couple weeks ago? It's not going to be below freezing tonight. Just do a nice long rolling 2nd gear burn-out before you run. Your tires will be hotter than if you ran straight-up in 80 degree summer heat. Sounds like a cop-out excuse to me.

What did you think the temps were going to be when you accepted this race a couple weeks ago? It's not going to be below freezing tonight. Just do a nice long rolling 2nd gear burn-out before you run. Your tires will be hotter than if you ran straight-up in 80 degree summer heat. Sounds like a cop-out excuse to me.

Sounds like neither him or Sam are too upset about it. :marc:

Hot tires on cold pavement will not supply near the traction one would have with the road temps we have in the warmer months.

I don't turn down races, this one just came too late in the season to make it worth getting my car back up and running to go out and run a half assed race without traction. I'm sure Sam and I will be first ones out running when the weather turns.