guy advice

Bhobs

I think the Internet is right up there next to Money and Sex for reason of divorce. I think I would have a problem with it. i have know about 10 couples where either the dude runs off and meets someone off the Net or the other way around. just my .02 cents

You have to remeber you are his Wife now not his Girlfriend there is a difference in my eyes. I would not like my wife talking with guys on my space. Personally I am suprised at your avatar. If you were my wife I would have been upset that you even put it up on a web site full of guys.

Things are different when you are married, or at least they should be.

You should if nothing else respect the fact that it bothers him, and that alone should be enough for you to say well if it bothers you I will take it down.

my question is, why would you want to keep your profile on a dating website? He shouldn't have deleted it, but you shouldn't have had it either...

I guess the better question is, how did he find out that you had it in the first place? was he looking over the site?

Amen!

Open comunications. Talk, dont raise your voice, just talk about it with him, and find a rational end point. If you dont talk about this it will fester and lead to other arguments. No one on here can say for sure it is right or wrong, it is up to you two to find a common ground on this subject based on both of your feelings and beleifs.

classic ownage.

im sorry, i dont know the backstory to all this, but reading through these posts, im assuming that the boyfriend in question is also a member of this board?

should he have deleted your shit? no, i think that was a bit of an overreaction.

this thread, on the other hand, was exponentially more stupid than what he did. nothing like making a sensitive relational situation better by publicizing it.

couple of things...

1. youre not going to get any decent relational advice on here. trust me. ive been here four years, seen all of these threads, and have yet to see this board fix or even help repair anyones love life. (yes, even the ones i posted in.) if anything, it just creates more drama. can i get an amen?

2. looking for advice is one thing. looking for advice in a public place about your boyfriend who is known as a member here and will probably read it is just stupid-cali-fragi-listic-expi-ala-dumbass. you didnt really think this was going to help resolve anything, so you had to have been instigating some shit and using us a medium. either that, or youre just really, really dumb.

id like to tell you to be mad at him. i really would, because i hate it when dumb guys give those of us who are decent a bad name. but i cant, because it seems you two are made for each other.

if my original assumption was incorrect, then i take it all back, and hes a jealous dumbass.

first of all i never put this thread up to get relationship advice....i put it up for the reason that my husband could read what everybody had to think on the situation and maybe realize he overreacted or whatever. also we arent fighting about it anymore bc we cant go more than 5 minutes being mad at each other....i just wanted him to see the opinions of what other guys thought....and no im not fucking dumb :) and no my husband isnt a jealous dumbass....but thanks for nothing anyways.

You have to remeber you are his Wife now not his Girlfriend there is a difference in my eyes. I would not like my wife talking with guys on my space. Personally I am suprised at your avatar. If you were my wife I would have been upset that you even put it up on a web site full of guys.

Things are different when you are married, or at least they should be.

You should if nothing else respect the fact that it bothers him, and that alone should be enough for you to say well if it bothers you I will take it down.

well he doesnt mind the avatar i just think its funny....considering that when we first started dating he put like 10 half naked pics of me up on this board with out me knowing i think its pretty damn even. :)

well he doesnt mind the avatar i just think its funny....considering that when we first started dating he put like 10 half naked pics of me up on this board with out me knowing i think its pretty damn even. :)

You don't want things to be even. You want to always try to treat the other person better than they treat you. This will lead to the other person treating you better unless they are heartless and rude, and no one wants to married to someone heartless and rude.

Just because he does something you don't does not mean you should do the same.

I am no expert on this but I have been married for 8 yrs which I see as an acomplishment considering how young I got married.

first of all i never put this thread up to get relationship advice

my bad, i guess i just firgured that when the title of the thread is "guy advice", advice is what you were looking for.

great news about your husband not being a jealous dumbass, though.

I would have been pissed too.

Personally, the whole "now things are even" attitude is pretty shitty too.

Chris, we dont live in the 50's anymore...this whole attitude where the woman needs to stay at home and iron clothes and cook your dinner, and only speak when spoken to is kind of outdated.

I would be pissed if she was talking to her ex's or any of that shit... but apparently she wasnt. I use MySpace as a way to keep in contact with somefriends that dont live in Ohio anymore...not as a dating service.

Yeah, the "now things are even" attitude does suck, but it's their relationship...not ours. :)

-Marc

:D

Chris, we dont live in the 50's anymore...this whole attitude where the woman needs to stay at home and iron clothes and cook your dinner, and only speak when spoken to is kind of outdated.

I would be pissed if she was talking to her ex's or any of that shit... but apparently she wasnt. I use MySpace as a way to keep in contact with somefriends that dont live in Ohio anymore...not as a dating service.

Yeah, the "now things are even" attitude does suck, but it's their relationship...not ours. :)

-Marc

It may not be the 50's anymore, but I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable putting myself on a site that is used primarily for dating if I was married. Call me traditional, but there are other ways to "keep in touch" with friends.

I also do not believe that the woman should stay at home, cook, and clean either. Bitch needs to WORK and do all that too so I can buy another car. :D

:D

It may not be the 50's anymore, but I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable putting myself on a site that is used primarily for dating if I was married. Call me traditional, but there are other ways to "keep in touch" with friends.

I also do not believe that the woman should stay at home, cook, and clean either. Bitch needs to WORK and do all that too so I can buy another car. :D

Amen brother lol

you ARE married now and that makes a difference...the difference is there should be complete trust, you guys have mad the ultimate commitment. i'm sure he got a little jealous, but it's silly to get that way...although i know it's hard not to.

i don't think it's that he doesn't trust you...it's the other people on the site...you can use MySpace for friends...but let's face it, most guys are fucking retarded and will try and get with you regardless if your married. i think that's his point of view.

talk with him about it....maybe put a picture up of you and him so he has the comfort of everyone knowing you are together.

you ARE married now and that makes a difference...the difference is there should be complete trust, you guys have mad the ultimate commitment. i'm sure he got a little jealous, but it's silly to get that way...although i know it's hard not to.

i don't think it's that he doesn't trust you...it's the other people on the site...you can use MySpace for friends...but let's face it, most guys are fucking retarded and will try and get with you regardless if your married. i think that's his point of view.

talk with him about it....maybe put a picture up of you and him so he has the comfort of everyone knowing you are together.

i totally understand what ur saying....all my pics on there were of me and him from our honeymoon and our wedding...:) i completely know now why he got so upset about it bc guys are retarded on there and i completely see his point thanks :)