Skull (Helmet) Covers

Disclaimer

I was on my lunch break the other day and some guy on a green ZX6 came into the bank after me. I walked out and noticed his helmet was covered in some sort of elastic/spandex design - I guess it was one of these:

http://www.skullskins.net/

Has anyone here tried using these?

It seems like a neat concept, especially from a washable standpoint (beats wiping the bugs off the paint on my helmet). But, I'm sure some think they look kinda ghey. I think some of the designs do - though I am partial to the Ironman lid.

Thoughts, Opinions, Reviews?

No thanks Magley. I want the black barbwire spiderman which is on the 1st row when you select street helmet skins. :cool:

That's the one that caught my eye too.

Hell, there are a few of them that caught my eye.

On the cutting tip, I don't think you want to cut this material..especially if your stretching it out....taking it off to wash..putting it back on..etc. I don't know.

Still, I am thinking about getting one of these...just for shits and giggles.

That's what I was thinking... it's only $30 (plus the visor sticker)... I've spent more on stupider things before. I might wait for you 'early adopters' to give some feedback ;)

Though, if someone has some cool custom design ideas and Photoshop skillz... that would be pretty cool

I want one! You also make a good point Inyazz about cutting. I didn't think of that. I'll let you be the first to try the cutting then..lol. Get back to me on that will you.:)

Good thread JRMiii. I think you just made a sell with lots of people here. That site should pay you commission.

Oh! Did anyone notice if they fit ALL helmets or do they make them specifically for different brands??:dunno:

I think you just made a sell with lots of people here. That site should pay you commission.

I told a few people here at work that want the black spidey one too. ;)

I'm no salesman - I could never live on commission, so I won't bother quitting my day job. :broke::D

+3 on Iron Man....VERY cool!! Thought that first one was a StormTrooper at first too ;) Spidey too

I think they say you can see through those visor decals, but I don't even wear a tinted shield usually....I don't want anything obstructing/tinting my view more than the sunglasses I already wear