Del sol????????

wnaplay1647545503

My buddy picked up a Del Sol a couple of years ago for $500. It did not have wheels and tires on it, and was sitting on the rotors in a junkyard. Needless to say, he bought it, and that was probably THE best money ever spent. We beat the living shit out of that car..........and it was pretty fun to drive around town. That thing was the most fun I have ever had in a car. He later sold the Del Sol for way more than he bought it for, this guy swapped in a fully built B18C1 with some boost

I got the pics and hopefully might get it tomorrow. Has a good size dent in drivers door and inside is very dirty. I would have picked it up tonight but my buddy got to his relatives late and we couldn't get down there. Hopefully she wont sell it out from under me.

$800 is very worth it. I'm assuming it's not an Si model or it would be a lot more expensive. The non-Si's only have ~120hp but you can take the top off and roll down the rear "windshield". They're fwd and weigh like 100lbs more than a civic coupe. They only came with front rotors, drums were in the back. New rotors cost like $30/pair and all you gotta do is take off the wheels and one bolt on each of the calipers.

She did state in one of her e-mails it was an si model, but then stated it was the easy one to work on. What makes the si model better?

just get the VIN and look it up... obviously she doesnt know what it is.

$800 then jumped to $1200 after someone was interested? I'd tell her to fuck off for wasting your time and leading you on. Even better, tell her you will be there to pick it up and dont show. Shit like that makes me irate.

We never agreed on $800 she said it sounded fair and said she would talk to her husband. Then hit me back at $1200. I will noe negotiate at $825. Still at $1200 I would probably take it. I will attempt to drive it back. Although I do have access to a hauler. I cant decide if I should drive it or haul it until I get it back and take a better look at it.

I am leaning towards linkage(maybe). Heres what it is doing: If you can get it in gear it is very difficult. Always grinds trying to get it in reverse. If you give it hell it will go in reverse. Car will move in neutral. Car trys to shut itself off when going in gear. I'm sure there are other symptoms. Its unlike any tranny problem I have ever seen. Doesn't feel like everything is aligning with shifter.

Actually 94's didnt come with the B16a3. they came with the d16. Its a fun little car. Well the Key thing in the middle (I'm assuming its an automatic) It makes you able to change into gears, when you are parked. If it is a 5 sp and you have trouble putting car in reverse try going into first, and then go into reverse this helps on hondas for some reason. Key has nothing to do with the removable top. I know because my sister used to own one Nice find for $575. You can get these d series tranny for cheap on any honda sites or junk yards. Honda-tech.com go there and you can read some stuff about Del Sols. GL