Helmet Sun Visor/Shield ?

prakthad

I have a Scorpion Helmet and it amazes me that all helmet manufacturers don't put the Visor shields like the Nolan or HJC helmets. I should have just not been so cheap when I bought the Scorpion Helmet :). It would be a pain to carry the clear shield with me if I'm going to be out the whole day or if I'm going out in the evening.

Has anyone tried this and is it any good?

http://store.danase.com/tintshield.html.

How about this:

http://www.polar-optics.com/

It would be a pain to carry the clear shield with me if I'm going to be out the whole day or if I'm going out in the evening.

get a cheapo tank bag at iron pony and just keep it in there. no more pain.

I've actually done that but I'm noticing that if I keep replacing the Visor, the locks that hold it in place become a little loose. I'd hate to have the visor fly of on the freeway :).

+1 I have to keep the screws on my Shoei tightened frequently b/c I swap shields so often.

I have a built in sun visor on my snowmobile helmet and it is a very nice feature.

Don't do tint-a-shields...they are like looking through a piece of a pool inflatable. Everything is very distorted when you look through it. If you don't believe me, you're welcome to pick mine up and try them for yourself ha ha. Just keep the clear shield on and carry sunglasses.

I have a Shoei TZR that doesn't have a built in shield and it is a pain. I purchased a tinted visor that is much to dark to ride with at night. I always bring my backpack with the clear visor anywhere I go. Love Shoei helmets but a built in visor would be great.

The Scorpion 1000 is sweet with the built in shield. None of min ehave that (I have an Akuma and a Shoei)...BUT Akuma has a visor coming out that plugs into the power source of the lid..one button tint. Push the button, it goes clear. Push the button again, instant tint. Pimp. There's a demo somewhere on YouTube.

The Scorpion 1000 is sweet with the built in shield. None of min ehave that (I have an Akuma and a Shoei)...BUT Akuma has a visor coming out that plugs into the power source of the lid..one button tint. Push the button, it goes clear. Push the button again, instant tint. Pimp. There's a demo somewhere on YouTube.

the hjc mirrored isn't as tinted as you think it would be. i have no problems riding with it at night. although obviously i wont do hard canyon riding but its good enough to get me from where i am to home safely.

i also rode home from OU to cbus with my dark smoke at 1am on 33. was thinking it was a dumb decision but i my eyes adjusted better than i thought.

i want a new SHARK helmet the new eagle looks freaking sweet. is it a bad that i already have 2...

rsx2.jpg

Don't do tint-a-shields...they are like looking through a piece of a pool inflatable. Everything is very distorted when you look through it. If you don't believe me, you're welcome to pick mine up and try them for yourself ha ha. Just keep the clear shield on and carry sunglasses.
Thats what I would do. For some reason the sun does not bother me while riding. I've never had a tinted face shield.

I have a Shoei TZR that doesn't have a built in shield and it is a pain. I purchased a tinted visor that is much to dark to ride with at night. I always bring my backpack with the clear visor anywhere I go. Love Shoei helmets but a built in visor would be great.

I have a TZR as well and have collected a light smoke, clear, and dark smoke shield. I love the dark smoke but only for daytime use. The light smoke is a nice compromise b/c it takes the edge off of the sun but can be easily worn at night. I haven't used my clear shield since purchasing the light smoke.

i want a new SHARK helmet the new eagle looks freaking sweet. is it a bad that i already have 2...

rsx2.jpg

I really like the Shark helmets and am going to buy an RSR2 as my next helmet. I really need a helmet with a removable liner b/c I wear a helmet too much now that I don't have a car.

I do have a light smoke that I leave on at night sometimes, but if you do get into a spot where there are no street lights I have to pull up the Visor. I would wear sunglasses but my prescription glasses are uncomfortable enough as it is :).

That photochromatic visor costs almost as much as my helmet :). I don't understand how a mirrored visor would help - it still has a tint right?

Anyway, thanks for all the opinions. It looks like the conclusion is to simply not be so cheap and buy the expensive helmet with the built-in shield :)

I've got a dark smoke on my Scorpion and I don't have a problem with it. I'd prefer not to ride at night but I can if I have to. Durring the day and even at dusk the dark smoke is awesome. I haven't sued the light but I assume you could use it at night.

Really?

So do I. After dark, especially on a road with no lights, I can't see anything! If I get stuck out after dark with it on I usually ride with it open.

I have a mirrored visor for my Shoei. I can see at night better than a regular smoke...but it has to be well lit. A parking lot with no lights in it causes problems.