Sony Vaio laptop FS

MrMeanGreen

Since I've scored my HP laptop, the Vaio is going since I don't need two laptops.

The specs:

Make/Model: Sony Vaio PCG-GR300K

Processor: Intel Pentium III 1.2GHz

Memory: 256MB PC133 SDRAM (upgradable to 1GB)

Hard Drive Capacity: 30GB

Display Size: 15 inches

Optical Drive: DVD-ROM/CD-RW drive

Ports: Two (2) Type I/II PCMCIA Slots, Printer (parallel), Monitor out (VGA), Three (3) USB 1.0, Firewire, Video out (mini RCA), Network (10/100 RJ45 & modem RJ-11) ,Docking station (on bottom), Microphone/headphone jacks, Sony Memory Stick (MG)

Power Supply: AC adapter w/ extended power cord, battery

Network: 56K Modem, External Wireless "b" PCMCIA Card

Some other info. This does have an external USB floppy drive which is optional. Read on.

The laptop is in overall excellent condition. The screen is nice and bright, with no dead pixels, lines, or abnormal discoloration. The battery does hold a charge for about 30-45 minutes depending on workload. There are no major scuffs/scrapes/scratches on the unit. It also uses an ATI Mobile graphics card that supports dual monitors.

On another note, the on-board function keys and scroll wheel do not work. This is not a physical problem, this is do the laptop running XP Professional w/ Service Pack 2. Sony never released the drivers nor the hotkey utility for XP and this laptop. The functions and scroll would work if someone were to install Windows 2000 and load the correct drivers/utilities. Everything else, including all hardware/software, work. I'm using it right now to post this while my HP defrags.

You can be assured that this is a nice, fully functioning laptop that will do anything from tune, play games (like it will play Warcraft III on medium), surf the internet, etc.

I'm asking $300 for the laptop and the AC adapter. It will come loaded with Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 and Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 2, after being freshly formatted. This is for local people only, as if this goes on Ebay (which it will in a week if not sold), there will be a charge for these programs.

For an additional $40, I will also include a brand new, soft laptop case, wireless "b" PCMCIA card (as listed above), Sony-brand external USB floppy drive, and RCA video/sound cables for using the laptop to play DVDs, DivX, SVCDs, etc., on your TV.

If you have any questions, lemme know. This will be listed on all local boards for a week, then off to Ebay where I KNOW I will sell it, and for more than $300 :nod:

http://i11.ebayimg.com/04/i/05/6a/57/63_1.JPG

http://i19.ebayimg.com/02/i/05/6a/b0/ef_1.JPG

http://i7.ebayimg.com/04/i/05/6a/b9/dc_1.JPG

I gave you a list of options. Also, I had someone call dibs before you, but the email went to my spam box :o

As of now, I dunno if they have the cash available. But I'm going outta town on Monday and it's easier to sell it before I leave. Check your PMs, I need a definitive answer...