Changing oil in my fer'in car

Science Abuse

Pull German car in garage

place pan under drain plug, uncrew 13mm plug and drain oil.

open hood, unscrew 13mm oil filer bolt, swap filter and washers.

replace drain plug, refil with oil and drive car.

Thats it.

Thats....IT!

If it weren't a lowered car, I wouldn't have had to jack it up (drain pan wouldn't fit otherwise). The drain plug is right up front, the filter is right on top of the engine. Total elapsed time, including complete drain, 11 mins. Tools needed; 13mm socket. Time spent, not including wait for oil to drain, 1-2 mins.

I can do the Formula's oil change without jacking it up, just sucks getting an oil pan squeezed under there. Pretty simply. The Moostang isn't so bad, expect the stupid oil pan has 2 drain plugs and the car is lowered. The Jimmy isn't too hard, except you need a screwdriver to open the access door to the remote oil filter. Of course, that's just regular ol' American cars for ya.

Remote oil filters are the bomb. Shit of it is, the canister unit oil filters are always a pain in the ass. Plus on the MN12s you have to be an ef'n contortionist. This drop in filter is beutiful. This is my first oil change done without spilling a drop, and I only got 3 fingers oily. I could do this in my apartment parking lot witout anyone knowing what was going on....with a low-pro drain pan.

Jeesh, leave it to the PROS! I do oil/filter change with tire rotation and air pressure adjustment in 12 minutes at work. :)

Pull German car in garage

place pan under drain plug, uncrew 13mm plug and drain oil.

open hood, unscrew 13mm oil filer bolt, swap filter and washers.

replace drain plug, refil with oil and drive car.

Thats it.

Thats....IT!

If it weren't a lowered car, I wouldn't have had to jack it up (drain pan wouldn't fit otherwise). The drain plug is right up front, the filter is right on top of the engine. Total elapsed time, including complete drain, 11 mins. Tools needed; 13mm socket. Time spent, not including wait for oil to drain, 1-2 mins.