Dyno day with PCMForLess - Late model GM

Darkhorse

Guys - i'm organizing a dyno day with Bryan Herter @ pcmforless (http://www.pcmforless.com) to be held in late April early May of 2006. This dyno day will be held at Big Shot Dyno (http://www.bigshotdyno.com) in Hudson, Ohio

GM owners - this would be a trip that you will not regret making as Bryan is, in my opinion, one of the best if not the best tuner in the country. The same can be said for Alvin @ pcmforless. Alvin tunes the 'chip' cars - TPI and whatnot.

In order for Bryan to make the trip we would need 7 - 10 cars for him to tune. I already have 2 just in my stable that need tuned so between this board, the Youngstown board and the other camaro and impala boards i'm sure that I can make this happen.

As far as pricing, I will find out from Bryan what the price will be and post them here for you. All other details I will post as I get them - this post is merely to gauge interest before moving to the next stages (scheduling).

UPDATE: Just spoke with Bryan Herter and Alvin from PCMFORLESS - Mustangs and Grand Nationals are welcome as well - these guys can tune them too.

I attended a dyno day with Bryan earlier this year and he and Alvin are top notch, stand up guys - I would vouche for them anytime. Both are a phone call away and more than willing to help us enthusiasts out with answers to tuning questions.

For more information on the types of cars that they can tune please visit their website: http://www.pcmforless.com

If you have any interest at all please post here or PM me and i'll start gathering information.

Thanks for the time,

Aaron

Pic from the dyno day earlier this year - my cousins Caprice 9c1 12.80 bolt on car. Currently putting together 355" forged 6inch rod with LE2 head cam package. Should go low 12's or better next year.

Me on the right (black jacket) cousin on the left.

http://www.pcmforless.com/albums/album05/IMG_0297.sized.jpg

Yeah it's a really cool car - fun to launch with the big converter and QA1 shocks. When it was going 13.5-13.7's it would pull the front left tire!!

All of that with only 250rwhp hehehe - suspension rules!

Here's the car up close and personal.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/poppajack

Matt - Big Shot is about 10 minutes north of my house in Akron. So it's about a 2 - 2.5 hr drive from you to Akron.

Keep in mind that Bryan mainly tunes LT1/LS1 cars - not sure what you have in your S10. That doesn't mean you couldn't come up with someone else from CR and dyno the truck/make your own changes etc... I'm sure I can talk to the owner of Big Shot and get you a good price on renting the dyno to tune your truck if it's not an LT1/LS1 engine.

Sounds good - a lot of the LSX guys should be interested. Provided my car is completed by then, I'll seriously consider going. (At this point, though, I'm not sure when the car is scheduled to be done, so I wouldn't want to commit - and take up a slot - and then have to turn around and back out.)

• 3 weeks later...

PCMforless @ Big Shot Dyno

When: April 29th 2006 8:00am

Where: Big Shot Dyno & Performance

6381 Chittenden Rd Bldg C

Hudson, OH 44236

Phone: 330.342.3309

Toll Free: 866.DYNO.RUN(396.6786)

Cost: $100.00 for the dyno rental (up to an hour). The dyno rental is to be paid up front, first come

first serve. Payment types are as follows:

Check – make payable to Big Shot Dyno & Performance

Cash

Visa

MasterCard

PayPal – bigshotdyno@netzero.com

Subject: PCMforless April 29th

The tuning fee will be paid on-site directly to Bryan Herter

LT1 Vehicles: $175.00

LS1 Vehicles: $250.00

*All other vehicle inquiries please send an email to drkhrse@gmail.com with

vehicle information and I will get details from Bryan.

If Saturday April 29th fills up (roughly 10 cars) we will roll over into Sunday. Walk-ins are welcome but we must first have 8 pre-paid rentals – we currently have 2 without even posting these details.

Again, I must point out that this is a first come first serve situation – the 2 that are prepaid can wait. If you pay first – you get first dyno time.

Any further questions please contact Keith @ Big Shot Dyno http://www.bigshotdyno.com

Thanks all – looking forward to meeting you,

Aaron

• 4 weeks later...

Bryan uses his own software and does not lock the PCM - making future changes possible if you have the software.

You do not need to purchase software.

I personally use TunerCat and DataMaster so i'm able to make changes with a phone call to consult Bryan first of course :)

I have to send an email to Alvin - he does the chip cars - to get a price. Also, we would need 7-10 chip vehicles in order for Alvin to fly in from N. Carolina - I currently have some interest from chip cars but so far nobody has paid.

I'll find out the price for chips and post the details here.

• 1 month later...

Just a bump guys - we still have a few openings left. This will probably turn into a 2 day event if we add the chip cars. So far about 8 people have inquired on the chips - i've left Alvin a message and am awaiting word on the price.

Got some interesting cars coming in - a Porsche with a 396cid LT1 will be here along with a Mazda Miata LS1 car.