Attention NE 270 SOuth Drivers Thursday Morning.

SpaceGhost

I received this e-mail tonight, I went and checked it out and the right side of 270 where you get on 270 South from 161 is closed and they are directing you to the 3 inner lanes. I would avoid this on Thursday Morning 12/8!

Here is the e-mail:

TODD.SLOAN@DOT.STATE.OH.US

The Ohio Department of Transportation announces the Interstate 270 southbound Collector/Distributor (CD) Road on the Northeast side of Columbus is closed. The closure is necessary after engineers discovered evidence of voids under the roadway just south of Morse Road. I-270 mainline traffic remains open. The closure will remain in effect indefinitely until engineers can better assess the situation on Thursday morning.

The I-270 CD road services state Route 161 southbound traffic as well as I-270 southbound traffic trying to exit at Easton Way. More than 25,000 motorists travel this stretch of highway each day.

State Route 161 traffic entering I-270 southbound will be forced to merge onto I-270 mainline north of Morse Road. Southbound motorists will not be able to access Easton Way but can use the Morse Road exit as an alternative.

The right lane of I-270 mainline southbound will be closed south S.R. 161 to allow the CD traffic the ability to merge onto I-270.

Motorists should consider alternate routes and expect delays when traveling in this area.

Yep, thanks.

TODD.SLOAN@DOT.STATE.OH.US

Two lanes of the Interstate 270 southbound Collector/Distributor (CD) lanes on the Northeast side of Columbus have reopened. The southbound I-270 CD lanes were closed Wednesday night after engineers discovered evidence of a void under the roadway just south of Morse Road.

The void --- created by soil washing away under the roadway --- is isolated to the right shoulder and part of the right lane. Therefore, engineers have decided to reopen the two left lanes. In addition, all lanes of I-270 mainline traffic are open. Motorists are once again able to access Easton Way.

The right lane closure will remain indefinitely while ODOT studies options to fix the void.