WTB: 2ZZ-GE motor for my GTS

6 Speed S4

Its the high strungness of those motors, they are trying to be like a vtec honda with revving to like 9grand or something. Shit Michele's Matrix doesn't get over 3grand but once a month, if that. That thing better last into my next lifetime.

Sorry to hear man, 63k miles is a joke for a motor to go, especially on a toyota.

we had one in the shop that blew the stock motor at 61k and then blew up a jasper motor about 20k later...:(

wow no kidding? Toyota mentioned a jasper motor to me for about 7000 and thats a bit pricey. Theres a slight chance I can get a motor from toyota for free or cheap if I can get the oil records from the previous owner. He told me the car was taken care of and oil changes regularly. I drove the car home today from the shop. Car runs but definitly something is going to go soon

I have gotten a few calls from salvage yards today saying they have a motor for me. Before I go with that Im waiting on toyotas response.

why not just have it rebuilt?

You could drop your car off at IPS they will pull the motor and get it machined up for you put it all back together and you have a new motor for not that much.

I was just going to post that, rebuild it, that way you know its good. And then you'd have a chance to upgrade some stuff. Could be cheaper in the long run. Good luck, anyway you'd wanna sell it as is? ;)

I am sure TAP in Cali has some but the shipping would kill you.Have you tried Brims in Kenton 1-800-221-3874.I take it from what else you've you talked to the Toyota Customer Relations.I only have 1 Toyota product under 120k(my wifes Sienna) so it's not a Toyota thing.If you let the 3.0 in the Camry,Sienna,RX300,ES300 go without oil changes it will sludge up.If you have any problems finding the engine pm me and I might be able to help.

Thanks for the replys everyone. The engine cannot be rebuilt. It has a ceramic coating from what I was told by toyota. That was the first thing I thought of

i can apply that cermic coating in my garage it is no big deal. Any engine can be rebuilt.

with your kind of miles I would assume the bore is ok and so is the pistons skirt, you would just need a light hone to break the glaze so the new rings would seat. New bearings a polish on the crank and you should be in business.

All you should have to replace is bearings and rings, maybe oilpump. I would have the head and cam journals inspected for scaring.

:)

http://www.funco-motorsports.com/images/LS1%20motor.jpg

I wondered how long it would take before that was suggested....

In all seriousness, if you have no luck finding one, I'm sure I can get you one through Recon. I'm on vacation this week, but PM me and I'll get your contact info and send you a quote.

i will post this again becasue you seem like a good guy that needs some help

IPS Moorsports

444-5884

Talk to Jeff

Jeff is a nice guy to work with, he will beat anyone when it comes to dollars and cents. They do good work as well.

• 3 weeks later...
update on the situation: The car runs perfectly fine with the exception that when I first start up the car it ticks for about 2 minutes of driving then I dont hear it. I havent heard any knocking noise since the night it happened. Im going to be calling some shops about rebuild costs pretty soon and also get a second opinion from tansky toyota ( I first took it to toyota direct)