Looking for Avalanche, have any leads??

Nitrousbird

I'm trying to make the "mature" decision here. My origional plan was to buy a 99-01 C5 M6 Coupe in the spring to replace the Moostang as a non-snow daily driver. But I've come to realize a better tow vehicle than the Jimmy would benefit me more than another toy, cost me less $$ than the Vette, and it's truck abilites could have been handy for me in the past.

What I want:

2002 1500 Chevy Avalanche, Z71 or Northface Edition, Leather.

What I've looked at so far:

03 4x4. No Z71, no leather. Price was close for an 03, but not what I wanted; I didn't even drive it. 03's tend to be out of my price range.

02 Northface Edition. 67k on the clock, awesome shape, drove great, loaded. They wanted 15,995, and wouldn't really budge. Coulda got it for $15,700 or so, but I would only offer up $14,700 + tax/title. Sucks, I really wanted that truck.

02 Z71. 85k, no heated seats, no Onstar, base HVAC system, was a smokers vehicle (could smell it strong, but no interior damage), short in the rearview mirror compass/temp wiring (probably an easy fix). I made a single final offer of 15k out the door. Sales manager said I was "right on the money" but he had too much into it, and couldn't let it go for that. My offer was basically $1700 less than what I could have gotten the Northface for, but that $1700 bought a lot IMO.

Anyone else have any leads. I basically want an out the door price of $15,000. I was willing to pay a little extra for the Northface truck simply because it is a limited edition that I really liked (Z71ish package, white face gages, sweet custom leather seats, roof rack, block heater, custom fit North Face baggage, etc.)

If you know of anyone selling one that meets my needs, and my not very flexiable price, please let me know. :)

#1: Melissa has NOTHING to do with this. Hell, she was kind of surprised I wanted an Avalanche. She has never once suggested me getting another vehicle or replacing one of mine. Hasn't even hinted towards it.

#2: I will definately sell the Jimmy (post fixing it, unless someone wanted to offer a decent chunk of change for it pre me putting a motor back in it). If I had an Avalanche, the Jimmy would serve no purpose to me, and I know I'd never drive it.

#3: No down payment; finance the whole thing.

#4: Mustang is questionable. I don't need rid of it, as I currently have the title to all of my vehicles, and isn't worth enough to make a huge difference in a payment on an Avalanche. I might sell it, but that's still in the air. Other than needing some exhaust repair (which is all labor, no parts other than some bolts needed), it is a pretty decent car; I'd hate to get rid of such a reliable car. I know, sounds odd, but even at 209k miles, and I'd trust it on a drive across county without a worry. Besides, everyone needs 3 cars, right? ;)

I love the looks of the Avalanche, and like the body cladding better than the WBH optioned Av's.

A quad Cab pickup doesn't do what an Avalanche does. It also has plenty of niffty extras that make it worth what it is. I'd MUCH rather have an Avalanche than a quad cab Silverado. And it seems the quad cab Silverado's tend to go for about the same money as equally optioned Avalanches, which makes the decision that much easier. The Av is said to ride better as well, since it is based on a modified Suburban frame; I can say the ones I drove today rode quite nicely, even though they were the ones that are supposed to have the harshest suspensions.

Damn man if you want a truck get a truck. If you want an suv get an suv. Having a little of each seems retarded to me, I mean that 3-4' bed is absolutely useless imo

Please explain this. That bed can easily haul a quad w/ the hard cover off and still enclosed, which is all I could see me needing the bed for, besides moving around a motor, tranny, engine hoist, etc. All of which fit WITHOUT ever opening up the midgate to gain the extra space if needed. Hell, you could still haul a stove, fridge, TV, washer, dryer, etc. without ever evening opening up the midgate. Can't haul most of that stuff with an SUV. Yet I can still haul the people an SUV can, and with the hard cover on, the back is secure and dry like an SUV.

And if I need to haul the standard 4x8 sheet of plywood, open the midgate, and have at it. Again, can't do that in an SUV, yet I can still haul people. Best of both worlds as far as I'm concerned.

1500's all have 5.3L 285HP/325TQ LS series motors. The newer ones bump the power specs up 10. The 2500's have the 8.1L motor, and though I could get one of those for similar money, they are big-time gas hogs (like 13 mpg all highway if you are lucky). The 5.3's tend to get upper teens on mostly highway driving if you aren't into the floorboard all the time, which isn't necessary driving one of these things. Which isn't much worse than the Moostang that I drive around daily.

my dad loves his avalanch. i'll look at work tomorrow and see what we got, and as for the engine. i would rather have a 5.3L over all the other gas engines. the power is down on it compaired to the 6.0L but that thing will rev faster than any other truck engine. if you want you can take his for a test drive. its a LT Z71 with all the toys.

My wife has an 02 Suburban Z71 - we love it but you might check to see if the air conditioning compressor has been replaced on any of the trucks you are looking at. It is a known problem that the compressors go bad - of course it hit me right after the warranty expired - hit me for 1,200. The dealer of course denies that this is a known problem but my internet research showed that he was not bing completely truthful. Other than that we have not had any problems and the gas mileage is in the teens. We pull a 6000 pound trailer regularly in the summer.