Upgrades for a WS6?

Billy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone is jealous we don't make enough to have trust worthy professionals attend to our greed.

I dont agree.

Even when I am out of College, and making good money, I will still do my own work. Im not saying I wont respect the CAR if it is built exclusively by a shop, but the owner may loose some brownie points. This does not matter, because the owners of such cars dont usually care about being with the "in" grease monkey crowd, who things going to a buddy’s house to s a tranny swap, motor install, or sometimes the emergency full build is cool. These folks usually have the car build as a status symbol, a penis extension if you will.

Racing is a hobby. Even when its your profession, you can only outsource so much. To me, it would be like hiring someone to build a train set for your house. (If you were into model trains). It takes out 98% of the enjoyment of the hobby.

The difference between Enthusiast and, hell I dont know make up a word for a person that pays to have there car modded, from head to toe.

not necissarily a squirrel but deffinately lazy... if I can work on a motor, anyone can. people that do the work themselves on their cars deffinately appriciate it allot more... true story.

Only reason i see to not work on a motor your self is when you make so much damn money that You lose money by working on it vs taking it to a shop.

It gets very expensive to go fast and pay someone to do the work for you. VERY expensive.

Yeah, but in all seriousness, as Thorne noted, it sometimes costs more to take time out of work to do it yourself. There's only so many hours in the day, you know?

Are you really as fucking stupid as this post makes you sound? Lazy? I have like six jobs and work in the area of 60 hours per week, consistently. Believe me, if I had time to work on my car and do everything myself, I would. But I don't - because I'm too busy fucking working. Christ, you're a dumbass - true fucking story.

I work a lot of hours a week also, attend class on a regular basis, make time for my g-f and still work on my own car... even bigger true fucking story.

besides lighten up... I'm just jealous that I can't afford to pay someone to do it for me :)

I work a lot of hours a week also

:bs:

emailin my ass all day does NOT count as working...

I'm too cheap as well to pay someone to work on my car.. maybe thats why my old TA was down for about 8 months. :marc: We did pretty well on swapping blowers on the slobra, except for the TPS sensor. :D

Is a WS6 Trans Am and like a 1998 Firehawk basically the same car? There any good sites which list all the facts on F-body cars?

yes, the firehawk was just the top of the line limited edition package, has a sweet hood different then all others.

ls1tech.com has alot of info or can point you to a source.

sure there are people that dont have time to work on their cars or can make more money working overtime then it would be to save money from someone else having to work on it for you. no disrespect there, But people who do design and build the car themselves get more props.

me i work 50 hours a week, take about 9 credit hours of school at night and still try to do the work on my car, one reason it has taken me over a year to do my cars next stage of upgrades. I dont get the time needed to finish it quickly, but once im done i'll know every nut and bolt, and know everything thats going on with it and proud that i built it myself. To some people part of this hobbie is building it, true

sure there are people that dont have time to work on their cars or can make more money working overtime then it would be to save money from someone else having to work on it for you. no disrespect there, But people who do design and build the car themselves get more props.

me i work 50 hours a week, take about 9 credit hours of school at night and still try to do the work on my car, one reason it has taken me over a year to do my cars next stage of upgrades. I dont get the time needed to finish it quickly, but once im done i'll know every nut and bolt, and know everything thats going on with it and proud that i built it myself. To some people part of this hobbie is building it, true

I agree completely. People who do the work themselves get more respect and, all things being equal, get more appreciation out of their cars. I will not argue against those points because I believe them to be true.

However, declaring someone lazy or a squirrel because they don't work on a car themselves? Nope, I can't agree with that.

Guest racinbird

Why the hell do people even need to comment on how other peoples cars get built?? Not everyone has the time, know-how, location, or even the proper tools to do it right. Me, I work in a shop, so I have all the tools to do it, I have an open rack right next to me so I can work on it between jobs.

Besides, the numbers the Doc and fellow Zo6'ers seem to be making, they can't afford to screw things up. High power means perfect tunes and set-ups or things will explode. As I belive the Doc experienced not too long ago.

Why the hell do people even need to comment on how other peoples cars get built?? Not everyone has the time, know-how, location, or even the proper tools to do it right. Me, I work in a shop, so I have all the tools to do it, I have an open rack right next to me so I can work on it between jobs.

Besides, the numbers the Doc and fellow Zo6'ers seem to be making, they can't afford to screw things up. High power means perfect tunes and set-ups or things will explode. As I belive the Doc experienced not too long ago.

Exactly.

Ramathrone, I can totaly see where you are coming from. I did all the mods on my truck, an learned alot, and did work on my dad's chevelle, and learned alot. It's just that tearing into that LS1 motor is a little bit over welleming. I would love to watch IPS do the installs, and learn from them, beacuse I would rather see one done first, and know what it involves before tackling the challange my self.