03/04 Cobra Compliation

Dr. Pomade

Here's a vid featuring a few different 03/04 Cobras, mostly doing burnouts. If neither Cobras nor burnouts are your thing, save yourself the three or so minutes by not clicking the link.

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=C5B072B0-E900-4470-B574-A9663FCE09CF&term=sick%20COBRA%20comp&p=0

This video brought back lots of warm memories for me. I <3 Cobras.

Notably, the ONLY racing footage they included showed an 03/04 Cobra outrunning a Z06. Hmm - I can't help but be reminded of Nick's (SPLN SUX's) contention regarding Mustang/Cobra guys and Vette guys.

EDIT: Compilation is not spelled "Compliation." Spelling owns me.

Ricochet, I kind of got tired of the Cobra, so I decided to look into something else. The Z06 was an easy choice: great power-to-weight ratio, good modability, and great styling. I think I like the Z06 better than the Cobra, but not by as much as what some may think. The Cobra has even greater modability than the Z06 - with minimal $$ you can turn an 03/04 Cobra into a very formidable car. They're two different beasts, really: the Cobra is a whole lot of muscle, and the torque on it was completely nuts - on a small shot of spray, I was putting down in the area of 700rwtq. And that was on the stock blower (i.e., not ported or upgraded). The Z06 is much more refined - the fit and finish is leagues beyond the Cobra - and it is much more of a sports car than the Cobra. It's easier to drive, it turns easier, it grips to the road more readily, it's more manueverable, etc. It's the more complete car, I guess you could say. And that's why it cost $52K new and the Cobra costs $32K new. Take the $20K you save on not buying the Z06, put it into mods on the Cobra, and own all but like .001 percent of all Z06's you'd ever encounter.

Then you should have twin turboed that bitch , even with the stock bottom end, you wouldnt be broken now! :p

If I was worried about breaking my cars, then I wouldn't be into modifying them like I am.

You mod shit, you break shit. It's the nature of the beast.

That didn't appear to be a Cobra that outran that ZO6. Antenna in the back? Correct me if I am wrong here.

Oh shit - you are so on to something. Yup, antennae's in the back on that car, which would rule out an 03/04 Cobra. Now that I took a closer look, it seems to me (and kind of sounds to me) like it's another Vette that's the camera car. Thoughts? (Note: The part we're referring to is at like the 2:12 mark of the vid.)

i wasnt going to watch it, but when you mmentioned a race, i had to.

Its not an F-body... the glass runs all the way down... that looked like the hatch of another Vette. It was deffinatly an LS1 on spray, i know that for SURE. You cant mistake that sound... i cant anyways :p

its an M122, its the 5th gen of the roots blower

the new cobra will get the M122H

a hyrbid wihcich essential combines the GenV1 rotor and port design with the existing Gen V pitch diameter or rotor spacing.. or easier way to say it gen VI rotors in a gen V housing.

the new blower is supposed to be like 15% more effiecient

the new blower is supposed to have optimized center -to- center distance between rotors.