Mustang in Fast & Furious 3

verse

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the love of all that is holy, what the fuck!?!? That Mustang looks good, but would look better with a 390 or something along that line under its hood. The description of the movie alone makes me sad. I wouldn't be suprised to hear a lot of stories of kids fucking shit up attempting to drift after seeing the movie. Isn't Bow Wow gonna be the star of this one?

Im just waiting for someone to feak out about the fact that they say that engine is found in the normal skylines and that its rated at 250hp. I heard about this car before, but I assumed that it was a newer mustang, but now that i see its an older beutiful one I'm sure that god is regreting giving man free will because he just knew that man would go f*ck it up with something like this.

One point I would like to make is that

Ford no longer makes a push rod v8,

Ford v8s are all sohc and dohc now.

Is the above a true statement? I wasn't aware Ford

didn't make a push rod v8 anymore.

Guest Removed

The person that thought of that should be shot in the head!

BUt i guess the rest of the rice in the movie does need to keep up with it!

They should have put a 03-04 cobra drivetrain in it!

i think its kinda wierd... BUT, there are some advantages i guess. Theres most deffinatly less weight in the front so it might actully corner better. Being a turbocharged L-6, it more than likely gets better MPG. And lastly, i bet that the top end pull is better. Older mustangs are almost as bad as old Volvos as far as aerodynamics goes... it wouldnt surprise me if the 100+mph acceleration was a tad better.

All in all it IS original... a bit on the over the top, kinda tacky, side... but original all the same. I dont understand the outbursts.. but im sure if they threw a VG30 into a Z06... id be pretty pissed too :p

i think its kinda wierd... BUT, there are some advantages i guess. Theres most deffinatly less weight in the front so it might actully corner better. Being a turbocharged L-6, it more than likely gets better MPG. And lastly, i bet that the top end pull is better. Older mustangs are almost as bad as old Volvos as far as aerodynamics goes... it wouldnt surprise me if the 100+mph acceleration was a tad better.

All in all it IS original... a bit on the over the top, kinda tacky, side... but original all the same. I dont understand the outbursts.. but im sure if they threw a VG30 into a Z06... id be pretty pissed too :p

iI dont know the weight of the engine but I bet this engine would just as strong if not stronger plus it has a decent top end.

Engine – Ford Racing 5.0L "Cammer" V8

Configuration

V-8, aluminum block, aluminum four-valve cylinder heads, forged aluminum pistons

Bore x Stroke

94 mm bore x 90.0 mm stroke

Displacement

5.0 liters (302 cu in/4995 cc)

Compression

11.0:1

Horsepower

440 @ 7000 rpm

Torque

400 lb-ft @ 5500 rpm

Redline

7,000 rpm

Valvetrain

Double overhead cams, four valves per cylinder

Int. valves

Two per cylinder, 38 mm

Exh. valves

Two per cylinder, 32 mm

Throttle body

Twin 57 mm

what ever it didnt have power wise a KB supercharger will more than make up for it. Of all the engine options they could have put in that car that is hands down the worst one evar. thats ablout as cool as a 13 b in a vette or fbody. sad sad day.

Guest Removed
iI dont know the weight of the engine but I bet this engine would just as strong if not stronger plus it has a decent top end.

Engine – Ford Racing 5.0L "Cammer" V8

Configuration

V-8, aluminum block, aluminum four-valve cylinder heads, forged aluminum pistons

Bore x Stroke

94 mm bore x 90.0 mm stroke

Displacement

5.0 liters (302 cu in/4995 cc)

Compression

11.0:1

Horsepower

440 @ 7000 rpm

Torque

400 lb-ft @ 5500 rpm

Redline

7,000 rpm

Valvetrain

Double overhead cams, four valves per cylinder

Int. valves

Two per cylinder, 38 mm

Exh. valves

Two per cylinder, 32 mm

Throttle body

Twin 57 mm

what ever it didnt have power wise a KB supercharger will more than make up for it. Of all the engine options they could have put in that car that is hands down the worst one evar. thats ablout as cool as a 13 b in a vette or fbody. sad sad day.

Why not The rare T-50 crate engine from FORD? All alum , Dohc 5.0 or so. Not sure if it's the right number but it's like $50,000 and badass ROXOR!!!!!!!!!True story

im sure someone (like powers ) will chime in on this one!

Guest Removed
I'm telling you, my vision of an LS6-powered 93 Prelude will be reality, and the new hotness, in the very near future.

Now, on another note, I'm too fast and too furious for this thread. Bye!

93 lude

c5 suspension( front ) 9" rear end!

2x3 box framed , channel the body around it!

Tuck the cage close to the body!

Ls7 - 6 speed drivetrain

Build it!!!!!! I'd donate Today!!! :burn: