is it possible??

88lx5oh

Guest 408turbostang
not to sure on that but i think it might be possible to do with a little bit of fab work but not sure could be a direct fit i got a mag that says something about it i will look for it and give you a for sure answer on that

ok well i did a little research, and they are nto a direct fir for any mustang. there needed to be a custom lower manifold built to mount the blower on, along wiht some other modifications.

there is one company who built the lower manifold, and sells/installs the kit. that are a fraction of the cost for a vortech, powerdyne, ati.. whatever.

http://www.newage-tuning.com/

i have no idea if they are available yet or not, im going to be calling soon.

from what ive read i can get a lower manifold, fuel rails, basic things i need.. hardware gaskets etc. for probably like $1000

and then jsut buy a used blower setup from a SC and put it on.. stil lowuld need injectors, maf, and a tune.

there stage 2 kit that comes with a ported blower runs $2300

Guest Removed

the truck engine will get you closer to that goal! with headers , cam, head porting and a little intake work ,cai, exhaust,etc... it put down 270 something after it was tuned!

then spray it!

yeah im not looking for a motor swap, and then having to do headers, cams, ported heads.. i can attain the power level i want alot cheaper.

i was considering the 97 windstar intake, 65mm TB, and NX wet kit

but considering i could do a blower for close to $1500 with that M90 adapter.. i might do that.

mike's V6 that he sprayed dry made rediculous power on a 100 shot.

so with a nx wet kit 100 shot and a tune, it should br fun.

but id like to ahve the power all the time.

Guest Removed
Ya find one they tend to eat themselves and are hard to find a replacement

:bs:

Ive never had a problem finding 4.2's!

All the RWS trucks have them! i put more trannys in them then engines, and some of them have over 200,000 on them and one with like over 300k on it!

yeah.. no probably not.

id rather jsut spray, turbo, or put a blower on it. im not looking for a billion horsepower. im jsut looking for like 300rwhp in moderation. so its still realiable, but fun.

Reliable? haha....

OT: Change your profile...you traded in the '98 awhile back...

Guest Removed

We almost super charged jesse's!

Ive seen the 4.2 supercharged one running in the 12's.

he bought the motor from the junk yard, we resealed it, and did some minor port work

we had to swap some oil pan parts and stuff around. other then that it was a direct fit. we did the headers after he found them. he said he paid 900 for the motor and like $200 in gaskets and fuilds. used his old centerforce and drove it out of my driveway the next day, running a little lean but still made the trip up to pauls to get tuned!

Reliable? haha....

300rwhp realiable??? yes.. especially with a turbo car, that is tuned. stay out of boost and it will be hella reliable.

with a tune from dyno brian, the car will be driven on pump gas, and make 300 rwhp realiable.

turbo kit will take a while to fabricate up, or i would be doing that.

i can tlet the car sit through the winter.. i drive it to work and back.

untill i get antoehr daily, it will be driven daily.

We almost super charged jesse's!

Ive seen the 4.2 supercharged one running in the 12's.

he bought the motor from the junk yard, we resealed it, and did some minor port work

we had to swap some oil pan parts and stuff around. other then that it was a direct fit. we did the headers after he found them. he said he paid 900 for the motor and like $200 in gaskets and fuilds. used his old centerforce and drove it out of my driveway the next day, running a little lean but still made the trip up to pauls to get tuned!

there are 3.8s in the 11s on spray whats your point

as a ex 3.8 modder check out http://www.3.8mustang.com they got lots of info yes its possible to swap it on there is alot of work if i rember correct. But you already have the splitport intake. you can grab the 4.2 bottom end and use it and get ~240hp *(with some tune) Add a tad bit of giggle to that and bam. there is alot of support for the 3.8 community so take a look at that site.

been to that site and a few others. i have been helping my couisn get his shit together for his 02 v6

so far we have this list done to his:

97 windstar intake, ported TB, CAI, offroad h pipe, magnaflow catback, NOS wet kit, 3.73 and auburn diff trac loc, headers, fuel pump, and SCT chip

Back to the origional question, Thunderbird SC blocks are different, too. This has come up time and time again on the TCCoA boards, guys with V6s wanting SC top ends. But, you need the whole motor and operating systems. IMHO you're better off with a bolt on vortec or simple T04 install.