1995 GMC Jimmy 4x4, needs put back together

Nitrousbird

If this doesn't sell, I'll put it back together myself when it warms up, and sell it for more.

The truck:

- 1995 model 4 door, push button 4x4 w/ 155k on the clock

- I drove it 13k trouble-free miles; it was awesome until the motor took a dump out of the blue

- Never had any tranny or 4WD problems with it, ever.

- Power windows/locks/mirrors, AC works, rear wiper/defroster

- Got decent gas mileage too, was getting around 20MPG mixed city/highway.

Mods: Aftermarket mirrors (originals were f'ed up when I bought it). 31" tires, previous owner added and properly recalibrated speedo. B&M 24,000 GVW tranny cooler and electronic shift improver, pretty nice Class 3 hitch (all installed after I bought it). Truck only towed something twice (my boat once, and a CRX once), and was never used for towing previous to my ownership.

Stereo: Pioneer 1.5 DIN head unit. Truck had factory component setup; I replaced with an Audio Bahn components; sounds a lot better now. :)

The original motor locked up and wouldn't come free, and was a bear to pull out. This truck has a fairly rare motor setup, a true OBD-II CPI motor; very few 95's had them, they were mostly the "OBD-1.5" setup, and 95 was the last year for the CPI motor. This made it near impossible to get a OBD-II motor to swap in. Therefore, I had to buy an OBD-I motor from a junk yard and convert it over. This work has already been done; swapped out the distributor, and modified the block on the replacement motor/cover from the original motor to work.

The motor just needs put back in at this point. I have so many other projects to do, I'd rather not do this one too, especially since I want to sell the thing anyway, as I replaced it w/ my Avalanche. Everything (minus some fluids) is here to do the swap; I spent $580 on the motor a couple months ago, and another $130 on parts needed for it (plugs/wires/cap/rotor/gaskets/oil pressure sending unit).

Pics of the truck: Click Here

The pics are from a while ago, though nothing really changed on it except for the mirrors and hitch, and it could use a bath now. :)

Price: $2500, pretty firm.

• 3 months later...