Done with a .50cal

Putty

That is not a .50 cal.....

Agreed. After looking closer, you can see the barrle is no where near the right size for a .50 cal. And the over all length of the weapon is not long enough. A .50 cal rifle is almost as long as the person shooting it. I'm going to guess it is a 3006 or something 7.62 equivelant. Might be a 7MM also.

Your both right....... It's not a 50 cal. The muzzlebreak looks just like a 50cal muzzle break. I got this in the FAQ's part of the website http://www.dogbegone.com which is who sell the video.

Q: What kind of firearms were used?

A: Three rifles were used.

1) Savage Model 110 FP in .223

2) Savage Model 12 FV in .22 - 250

3) New England Firearms Sportster in .17 HMR

These rifles along with the optics and load combinations are highlighted in the video.

My father was working out in Nebraska for about 2 years. Out of boredom, he would frequently hunt coyote and prarie dogs. He took his sniped-out AR-15 with him, and would sit up on a cliff, and snipe prarie dogs all weekend long. I had showed him this video awhile ago, and he said they often did the exact same thing when he was shooting them. He said that when you hit them, you would seem them get picked up, about 4-5ft into the air, out of their holes, and then you'd hear a loud, 'splat', when the sound finally reached you. He said shots of 5-600 yards were a regular thing. He brought several military ammo cases full of empty casings back with him, and claimed those were just the ones he picked up that were in plain sight. He also claimed the the farmers out there loved him. :)

Ive been wanting a .17 caliber for a while now, but $ always needs to go elsewhere. those bullets are so small and fly so fast, that if theres a breeze it can miss the target without hesitation, and ive heard that due to the speed they travel, if you hit a blade of grass, twig, etc, that it will completely discinegrate the buller