Supra People LOOK!!!

Jelloman4571647545499

supra people I am in need of some information on the 88-92 (MKVII???) supra. i just need to know if the trannies are any good and can they hold some power/torque. Are the upgradeable. Any help would be great. Thanks

Clark

MKIII Supra.....

How much power/trq are you wanting to make? If memory serves the Manual turbo trannies start hitting a wall around 500. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

MKIII Supra.....

How much power/trq are you wanting to make? If memory serves the Manual turbo trannies start hitting a wall around 500. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

thanks Howard and Mike that is all i needed to know. next question how easy are they to find?

Guest torqued69

like previously said: the turbo manual tranny (R154) can hold around 500hp, but have been know to hold up to 650+.

the w58 is on all of the n/a supras and isnt built for large amounts of power.

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm going to go ahead and say that no, a Toyota manual transmission is not going to have any kind of harness or ECU. I know there is nothing at all like that on the Taco, which is newer. The auto's certainly do, and depending on model can make them a pain in the ass if you want to swap motors around.

Guest mudbutt
If you are looking to put this tranny in another vehicle/motor. The chrysler AX15 is a kissing cousin of it, so is whatever comes in the colorados. There are mount kits for ax-15 to many different motors, including small blocks from the big 3. Supposedly the colorado tranny is similar in strength and has different but still good gear ratios.

supra tranny also mates to nv1500 and nv3550 for a 2.4 bellhousing for the liberty. which is the passenger 2.4 which has the same bolt pattern for the 2.0. :)

thanks howard for the links.

mudbutt you have any trannies i know BAM sold his to you. let me know