tranny is clicking

jeremygsxr

my tranny has been making a click whenever I clutch a wheelie, and friday night I cracked one off as I went passed a car then a constant click started. I rode home (1 or 2 minutes away) and it did it all the way home. It goes with the speed of the bike, more speed faster click, any ideas?

It's not kicking out of gear.

I'd second the sound as potentially being a spring coming loose, espically if it is related to rotational speed. Could be a disc problem as well, hard to diagnose without tearing into it though.

Clutch slipping any? Miles on clutch? Oil level still good? Last oil change?

If long wheelies are a common thing for you, oil starvation could also be a problem.

new chain last year, oil change less than 200 miles ago. it is a rotational sound and its coming from the sprocket area.

long wheelies are pretty common but it's not o motor tick.

I have to go to work so I cant tear into it now. I want to ride it again to see if i can get a better idea of the sound location.

Man i need to get a bike stand.

new chain last year, oil change less than 200 miles ago. it is a rotational sound and its coming from the sprocket area.

long wheelies are pretty common but it's not o motor tick.

I have to go to work so I cant tear into it now. I want to ride it again to see if i can get a better idea of the sound location.

Man i need to get a bike stand.

Super loose chain or Worn Chain & sprockets ?

my tranny has been making a click whenever I clutch a wheelie, and friday night I cracked one off as I went passed a car then a constant click started. I rode home (1 or 2 minutes away) and it did it all the way home. It goes with the speed of the bike, more speed faster click, any ideas?

It's not kicking out of gear.

Just tell Flounder to shut the hell up and stop clicking!!!

If your tranny starts smoking just use more astroglide

Just tell Flounder to shut the hell up and stop clicking!!!

If your tranny starts smoking just use more astroglide

:lol:I was gonna say to punch shim in the back of the head. That usually makes my trannys stop clicking.

If your tranny continues clicking, kick shim in the nuts.

not yet I'm workin stupid hours right now ( leave at 1-2pm and get home 2-3am). I'm going to run it up the road in the morning and if it's still doing it i'll tear it apart.

oh and shitty tell flounder to take off the tap dancing shoes to stop clicking.

well I just took a trip up the street.

here is what it does. during acceleration and maintaining speed its ok, but in nuetral (rolling) and when the clutch is in, it knocks (not a click) and i can feel it with my left foot on the peg.

i pushed it out on the road and its doing it about every 1 tire rotation. it barely does it if I roll backwards.

man i need to buy a stand.