Speeders and Racers Beware

Casper

This was posted on Columbus Racing today:

Seen some wicked shit today. CPD has a busa and a late model F-body mounted with video cam's and what not. You dont get arrested on the spot. They come to your house later and grab you. confused.gif . I seen several other cars that where impounded this year from this setup. The cam car and bike was both under covers, but i will say this. They are not stock i do know that much. I have heard rumors for years of this, but today i seen it first hand.

This is just freindly heads up.

I've heard rumors of this, but thought it was just your typical rumors. Apparently not.

And then there's Obetz:

motorcycle20001.jpg

motorcycle20002.jpg

motorcycle20003.jpg

So guys and gals who enjoy pushing the speed limits or the occasional friendly dual, I think you should probably lay low. There have been a few busts this year, and its only the beginning. Keep it safe.

Are they marked, I thought by law our police vehicles had to be marked?

That GSXR is pretty sweet...

Only to pull you over. An unmarked car (as far as I know) cannot pull you over. However, there are plenty of unmarked police vehicles. Just think of detectives' cars.

I would think this would be entrapment, but apparently they figured out how to do it. After the busts with last weekend and now this, I think I'll keep to the long country rides.

Only to pull you over. An unmarked car (as far as I know) cannot pull you over. However, there are plenty of unmarked police vehicles. Just think of detectives' cars.

I would think this would be entrapment, but apparently they figured out how to do it. After the busts with last weekend and now this, I think I'll keep to the long country rides.

I dont think they have to used "marked" vehicles.

I would think this would be entrapment, but apparently they figured out how to do it.

not really IMO. entrapment is when the police induce a "normally law abiding citizen" into commiting a crime.

entrapment doesnt happen because the cops create a situation which make it possible for someone to commit a crime. a normally law abiding person will resist the temptation to break the law when faced with the option of doing so.

if the cops park a car with the keys in it and engine running, then go hide around the corner and wait for someone to steal it, and then arrest them, thats not entrapment, as a law abider would just walk past and not steal it.

now, if undercover cops come to you and ask you to help them buy some cocaine, and you decline, and they say that if you dont do it they will kill your wife or whatever, then arrest you for buying it, thats entrapment. without their threat, you wouldnt have bought the coke and there would have been no crime.

so if they roll up on you, rev their engine and act like they want to race, a normal law abiding citizen should decline...

This was posted on Columbus Racing today:

I've heard rumors of this, but thought it was just your typical rumors. Apparently not.

And then there's Obetz:

motorcycle20001.jpg

motorcycle20002.jpg

motorcycle20003.jpg

So guys and gals who enjoy pushing the speed limits or the occasional friendly dual, I think you should probably lay low. There have been a few busts this year, and its only the beginning. Keep it safe.

yep they got that gsxr750 from ask in grove shytty but the cpd i dont know anything about it keep me updated ;)

Are they marked, I thought by law our police vehicles had to be marked?

That GSXR is pretty sweet...

Each state is different, here in Ohio a police vehicle has to be marked to pull you over, that Suzuki is clearly marked and would be ok for traffic stops. As far as i know Columbus dosen't have a Busa or a sportbike program but i can tell you this, I'm definitely going to look into it!

I would be willing to bet a large sum of money that the bike seen in the pics is for shows and things like Bike Nights, etc. A marketing tool to make the Police Dept. look cool in the eyes of many... No way they are going to be able to properly train an officer to ride a bike like that nor be visible to the motorists out there. Can you imagine a cop on a GSXR running 120 on the outter belt? The common motorist doesn't pay enough attention let alone to a black bike with a lame light bar up front... Plus, no way to carry any thing like the laser gun, paperwork, etc.

Show bike...

The Hwy Patrol use HD tourers and are sneeky enough as it is and are definately cracking down hard out there. However, they are well trained and go through a pretty decent program to get certified.

As far as i know Columbus dosen't have a Busa or a sportbike program but i can tell you this, I'm definitely going to look into it!

:lol: when I saw that bike I thought of you. ;)

:lol: when I saw that bike I thought of you. ;)
for the training stuff. you could have them go to mid-ohio and have me instruct them. lol. and i was thinking the same thing about FasDuc

You can go ahead and add me to that list. First thing I thought of was, "huh, bet if it were a Ducati FasDuc would be all over that".