Need help with Win XP Group Policy

Billiumss

I just built a new computer for my family and I want to use the group policy to lock out my 4 year old son so when he gets click happy, he does fuck up the computer.

I have 4 accounts:

- Myself

- Kelly

- Zachary

How can I limit the use for just my sons account and the guest account? My wife and I have a simple logon password to keep him out of our logins.

I know you go to RUN and type gpedit.msc, but I can't find where it goes by each users/account.

If you have some screen shots, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

My computer > control panel > user accounts > change an account

I don't think this is what Bill wants Brian. He wants his son to use the computer but doesn't want the consequences to happen when he clicks around like most younger kids do. I do not know where it is Bill but if you search google I'm sure you can locate something.

I'll look around and if I find something I'll post back.

What exactly do you want to do? Lock him out completely? Lock out right click? ( I know this can be done we do it at work) Gimme some details.

Ok, let me explain what I do know:

- I have 4 "accounts" on the same computer, Myself, Kelly, Zachary (limited) & Guest (limited).

- Myself and Kelly have a basic password to logon to the computer, Zachary and guest do not.

- I poked around the group Policy and MMC and I can see where you can "turn stuff off".

What I can't find is:

- Adjusting each individual user configuration

- My created account names are not listed in the Group Policy editor, just "User Configuration"

Yes, I am logged on as myself, computer administrator. I don't understand what the snap in is.

Basically, how can I have each individual accounts show up in the Group Policy Editor to edit?

Are you using a Domain Controller? If not then you aren't doing group policy's, you are doing local policies...

I now live right down the street from you. If you want me to stop by, I can show you how to setup local policies.

Are you using a Domain Controller? If not then you aren't doing group policy's, you are doing local policies...

I don't know...

I now live right down the street from you. If you want me to stop by, I can show you how to setup local policies.

I'm at work now, how about tonight. PM me you number.

Bill

Redardless of the domain controller or not, you can always set up a seperate group for your son and just restrict the hell out of that group, then just add your son's account into that group through computer management. I'm sure there's other ways to do it too, that's always the case with computers and especially software.

You are NOT running a Domain controller most people do not run those at their house.

haha... I had one until I moved... now I just have to get it re-setup in my new house :D

I'm going to help him with System Policies which should take care of what he needs.