Want to buy the fastest ZO6 in the country

Sam1647545489

IMHO, they took everything balanced about the Z06 and threw it out the window. B&M shifter bandstrapped to the console? 12bolt rearend?!?! No thanks! :) If I wanted to go faster than 9 seconds, I'll build a dragster purposely designed for such a task...NOT ripping apart a $35k used Vette to make it happen.

2nd.

Its a race car. Its cool, its quick, but to go and have a full out drag vehical, I would like to see it going faster.

There are many with Supra's and TT vettes driving to the track, going low 9's, high 8's@ over 150mph, and driving home. To me, that is infanently (sp) cooler.

2nd.

Its a race car. Its cool, its quick, but to go and have a full out drag vehical, I would like to see it going faster.

There are many with Supra's and TT vettes driving to the track, going low 9's, high 8's@ over 150mph, and driving home. To me, that is infanently (sp) cooler.

That car is perfectly capable of driving home. In fact, he's done just that. Drove to the track, switched wheels, raced, switched wheels again, and drove home.

Im talking about cars that look like yours.

No shutte, AC, 6 speed, no tire change. Heat up the BFG's and go 9.9@ 15x, and drive home.

The Powerglide more than anythign else kills the whole street car feel.

Eh, I guess that's true. There is one guy on Corvetteforum though that's really surprised me with his setup.

He's running a convertable C5. He had his motor forged, stock auto tranny built, strapped on a PTS twin turbo kit, did his own tuning with the stock computer for his first time, and has since busted out a mid 9. I think he was only running DR's too.

^^That's the kind of car I want.^^ minus the whole auto tranny thing. They take all the fun out of it. IMO

That Powerglide can't work in a street car is such bullshit.

I've ridden in a 9 second 100% STREET car w/ a glide, and it was plenty streetable, and spends almost all of its time on the street.

IMO, a dedicated dragster that only run's mid 8's isn't all that impressive to me. An 8 second car should still be streetable, and if it does it w/ AC, all the better.

WTF is wrong w/ an electric water pump?? I run one in mine, and they are VERY much daily driveable; hell, I had one back when my car WAS a daily driver. Nothing big about that at all. Nothing wrong w/ running it between runs; you want get the car cooled down quickly, and it's a great way to do that.

People bitching about the chute: guess what boys and girls - 155+ requires it by NHRA rules. Wanna race at the track, you need the proper safety equipment. Sucks that safetly equipment tends to make your car slower. :(

What's not streetable about it. Said car is a spray car, so of course runs a fairly tight converter, which helps. But nothing non-streetable about it. Shifts were humane, no heat issues, gearing was reasonable enough to survive on the highway (of course that's no different than a TH350/400, etc.). Puts around a neighborhood without any issues either.

Sure, a glide w/ a peaky powerband and a 5000 stall probably sucks nuts on the street.

What's not streetable about it. Said car is a spray car, so of course runs a fairly tight converter, which helps. But nothing non-streetable about it. Shifts were humane, no heat issues, gearing was reasonable enough to survive on the highway (of course that's no different than a TH350/400, etc.). Puts around a neighborhood without any issues either.

Ummmm

Sure, a glide w/ a peaky powerband and a 5000 stall probably sucks nuts on the street.

You just answered your own question.

I did not know it was + Nitrous, now I am even less impressed with it.

or jsut buy lees vett. i beleive into the 6s once or twice. 110,000. i belive but that is a really good deal.

thats what Im saying. You want a drag car-Build that.

You want a street car, I want to see somthing that goes low 10's, high 9's on stock wheels and BFG's. All boost. thats a bad street car.

The car in this thread is a race car being paraded around as a street car.

WTF is wrong w/ an electric water pump?? I run one in mine, and they are VERY much daily driveable; hell, I had one back when my car WAS a daily driver. Nothing big about that at all. Nothing wrong w/ running it between runs; you want get the car cooled down quickly, and it's a great way to do that.

:(

I have no problem with electric water pumps. (I have one on my own car). What I had a problem with was the shady ass rubber hoses with $.99 hose clamps on it. I would have just assumed an 8 second car would have a little more attention to detail on it?

I have no problem with electric water pumps. (I have one on my own car). What I had a problem with was the shady ass rubber hoses with $.99 hose clamps on it. I would have just assumed an 8 second car would have a little more attention to detail on it?

Did you run the eletric pump as a stand alone?

thats what Im saying. You want a drag car-Build that.

You want a street car, I want to see somthing that goes low 10's, high 9's on stock wheels and BFG's. All boost. thats a bad street car.

The car in this thread is a race car being paraded around as a street car.

Why does a car have to be boosted to be a bad street car. Why cant a car be sprayed and be a bad street car. This car can be driven on the street so why isnt it a street car. Like Joe said, it has all the legal equipment to go the times / speed it does on the track.

Why does a car have to be boosted to be a bad street car. Why cant a car be sprayed and be a bad street car. This car can be driven on the street so why isnt it a street car. Like Joe said, it has all the legal equipment to go the times / speed it does on the track.

It doesnt.

Probblem is, its boosted, AND Juiced, more than set up for the track, and made a best pass @ 156mph

It is fast, but for all the bells and whistles it has, being a NEAR full drag only car (in my opinion), It should be faster.

It doesnt.

Probblem is, its boosted, AND Juiced, more than set up for the track, and made a best pass @ 156mph

It is fast, but for all the bells and whistles it has, being a NEAR full drag only car (in my opinion), It should be faster.

I agree it should be faster and it might be faster I dunno. Maybe he is olny pushing the car so far. It might have more in it. I would still rock it if I had the cash. Its pretty much turn key 8 sec car.

It doesnt.

- Where does it say that car is sprayed??

- You act like that is a high-dollar motor. Still a stock cube motor, so I'd assume just a service hone was done. Diamond pistons aren't anything special or all that expensive; Eagle H-beams aren't expensive rods either. Doesn't mention crank, but I'd assume it's either a stock piece or something budget oriented too. Stock intake. Ported stock heads; there are several FFFAAARRR better alternatives to LS6 heads for a forced induction application. The only high-dollar engine items on that car are the Big Stuff 3 engine mgmt. setup, and the turbo setup. Otherwise, it's pretty basic.

- As far as 10-point cages go, that's about as streetable as you can ask for. Maybe slightly tighter to the A-pillars/windshield header/roof, but it isn't bad.

- Contray to popular belief, thost brakes are decent on the street. Wouldn't suggest running those front wheels on the street, but that's nothing but a rim swap.

For a 8 second LEGAL car, the only thing that sucks street-wise about it is the fuel cell. Otherwise, what else could you want? I guess a more stock-looking shifter would be nice, but that's not a big deal IMO. Let's be serious, no one really drives an 8 second car as a DAILY driver, but that could still be a fun weekend street toy and still tear up the strip.