Saleen has tarnished his own name...

mkent93

I met some friends in Mt. Vernon tonight and stopped by the Ford dealership. There were two NEW Saleen Mustangs, really nice looking cars, but for $50000 and only 330 HP? I think not. I'll take a used Z06.

These Mustangs were not what got my attention though. It was the Saleen Ford Focus that had me laughing. At first, I thought, well a supercharged Focus COULD be pretty cool, right? Wrong, it is a naturally aspirated 155hp engine. One of the items listed among the long list of options were, my favorite, "SALEEN VALVE STEM CAPS." I never would have thought Saleen would have a 155HP car...never! There was one cool thing about this Focus though. It comes equipped with a 75-wet shot of N20 and a 10 pound bottle. All this for $29000. Not my type of car, but the N20 being an option on a dealer equipped car really turned me on.

I'll grow a mullet and put Jegs stickers on my Camaro before I ever drive a Focus but I just found this car interesting and thought I should share. Sorry for not getting pictures.

Saleen is rice for Mustangs. Always has been, always will be. The focus package is just a body kit and nitrous. Off the bottle an SVT Focus is faster, and will handle better.

agreed. I never thought saleen mustangs looked good at all.

Saleen mustangs have always been more concerned with handling than straight-ahead performance. Big brakes, big rubber, insane suspension, etc. Thats the one you're looking at; the basic 3-valve S281. The S/C version comes with a 435 bhp/425 tq motor, 14 inch front rotors, and lots of nice goodies. The Extreme version rocks a 550bhp/500tq motor, and is basically loaded. The S/C version is around $50k, so its not that outrageous versus a C6 or Z06, depending on what you want.

IMO the new saleens look pretty sick, with performance to back.

I love the fox body Saleens. The SN95 Saleen was ok. The Ranger and Explorer was more for looks than anything and the Focus basically has a little better suspension than the SVT Focus and the nitrous that isn't completly hooked up. (and if you hook it up and use it you just voided your factory Ford warranty.) Ricart had a red Saleen Focus that they could barely give away. When I looked at it the salesman told me $24K and they could do better than that if I was serious about buying it. The only thing that kept me from getting it was the fact it looked like a reject from the Fast and the Furious. The SVT Focus is a better car all around.

I wasted 10 minutes of my life talking to a guy at a Ford dealership about the SVT Focus and he said the motor is no different than the regular focus...is this true? I thought a 155hp version SVT was lame as a 155hp Saleen but as someone else said, perhaps the SVT is a better all around car with equal HP. To be honest, I'd rather drive a Cobalt SS for the money than either of these two specialty Focus (or even an SRT-4).

Shit i only paid 19k for my car new and i could walk that SVT focus 5 ways from sunday, Its all show no go.

My friend has a Supercharged "Jackson Racing" SVT Focus , Tuned also., My GTI was only chipped and i put 3-4 cars on him from a 20 roll.

So the only thing you get is handeling and looks?

I would rather drive a SRT-4,

Shit i only paid 19k for my car new and i could walk that SVT focus 5 ways from sunday, Its all show no go.

My friend has a Supercharged "Jackson Racing" SVT Focus , Tuned also., My GTI was only chipped and i put 3-4 cars on him from a 20 roll.

So the only thing you get is handeling and looks?

I would rather drive a SRT-4,

Do these really come with the decals?

http://www.gorno.com/library/images/org/2442/Saleen-Focus.jpg